Who do I pay? Please Help!

Trash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out an overdraft in 2006 and it gradually crept up to over a £1000 (I was only 18 and didn't even know what it was!!)so in a state of panic and feeling the need to pay it back I stupidly requested a loan in 2007 which ended up-after insurance e.t.c- at roughly £1500. I was to pay it back at £85 pounds a month and I managed to pay once but decided to go to college and obviously my income dropped and I couldn't pay.

I recieved a letter from Apex Credit demanding money and began to pay them at £35 pounds but they would take the amount out at random times of the month and then I would incur bank charges. This carried on despite me informing them. I eventually told my mum who didn't know about the loan in the first place and she asked me how I even knew who these people were. I had paid them £400 pounds roughly at this point. I cancelled my payments and requested a C.C.A. I heard no more from them.

I then recieved a letter from Allied International Credit demanding money along with consistent phone calls leaving automated messages (I have never answered). I wrote to them requesting the C.C.A on 2/06/2009 and recieved one from the royal bank of scotland on 18/06/2009 along with a schedule of arrears. I was still unsure if this was the correct procedure as I thought A.I.C had to have a copy and could not just pass my letter on. Anyways despite the phone calls I had no written correspondance from them unit 11/08/2009 and this was offering me an early settlement at 50% before they passed it on to their 'collection and letigation department'.

Today I called RBS on the number in there letter when they sent the C.C.A asking why they passed my debt on without informing me and also who was currently dealing with my debt. The person on the phone told me that Apex had the debt and when I asked him why AIC were contacting me he said he would check and hung up the phone. I am now completely confused and don't know what to do as my next step. I don't have the money for AIC's early settlement as I am a student and I do not know if they even own my debt. I know I need to pay my debt but dont know who to. Apologies for the long post.

First of all APEX Credit broke the law by now responding to you first CCA request.

Secondly the CCA that Allied sent you, do you have copy you can scan and post so we can look at it?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

AIC didn't send me the CCA it was the Royal Bank of Scotland themselves. I'm unsure if they forwarded my letter to RBS. When i called RBS today they didn't acknowledge AIC and they are under the impression that Apex has the debt. The only letter from AIC i have recieved since my CCA request was the 50% off one. Very confusing.

AIC didn't send me the CCA it was the Royal Bank of Scotland themselves. I'm unsure if they forwarded my letter to RBS. When i called RBS today they didn't acknowledge AIC and they are under the impression that Apex has the debt. The only letter from AIC i have recieved since my CCA request was the 50% off one. Very confusing.

Sounds like the debt is still with RBS.

AIC are just acting as collectors for RBS.

Can you scan your agreement, blank out personal details and post on this thread.

I'm in the process of scanning. I talked to RBS yesterday and they told me that Apex have my debt so I asked them why AIC were contacting me and he couldnt answer so I asked him who I should be paying and he put the phone down on me?

I've attached a copy of the letter from AIC along with the CCA and Schedule of arrears that RBS sent me when I asked AIC for it. I've also just noticed that the two amounts of debt differ slightly? I'm pretty sure the debt is enforceable but I want to pay the right people and RBS are not acknowledging AIC.

osbcls.jpg

1zmj89l.jpg

2hf30n8.jpg

2hebugz.jpg

2gtu82q.jpg

Originally I really cant remember but they didn't send me a copy with the CCA. All I recieved from them was the cover letter, the schedule of arrears, the CCA and the insurance policy information (not the original as it was from natwest).