T-Mobile - HELP!!!

klh

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been in tears for the last two hours I dont know what to do!!!

I took out a contract phone with T-mobile years ago when they were O2. Anyway, last year through a few financial problems didnt pay my bill and had the line disconnected. What followed was months of me offereing monthly payments and them ignoring all letters!!! Anyway, I moved house in October and I told them again offering a payment option. - No response.

In the meantime I purchased a pay as you go SIM from them and used this without any problems. Then last week my boyfriend who is also on T-Mobile telephoned them and enquired about switvhing his pay as you go phone to a SOLO (where you pay £15 a month for unlimited texts and 350 mins) I spoke to them also and they changed mine over too. The following day my boyfriends line was cut off and he was told he had failed the credit check. But they would re-connect it under the normal pay as you go. My phone added the SOLO on though and I received a text explaining billing details etc and all was ok - so I thought!!!

I tried to make a phone call earlier and was told that my line had been suspended while my account was investigated for Fraud!!!!!! They said to email them copies of my ID and address and that they would look into it. That is all they would tell me. I have faxed the info across but I am so worried. Even if this relates back to the outstanding bill it isnt fraud???? I am so worried about this.

Any advice would be great.

Hi Klh,

T-Mobile has never been O2, they are two completely seperate networks. I'm assuming you mean One 2 One? First off I wouldn't worry.

Solo is still a contract! Just the minimum term is 30days instead over 12 or 18months. So a credit check is necessary, its an unusual one where you are connected and then disconnected. T-Mobiles system changes the tariff or PAYG to PAYM when the credit check is a pass. But getting the service is subject to passing the credit score so theres not really a comeback there unless you right to the Credit Referals team at T-Mobile.

It could be a number of things. When you called up to change yours did you give them your previous address and did you tell them that you were a previous customer with an unpaid balance? It could be the system has flagged your details and seen a previous customer, or a never-paid. It could even be someone who lived at your address previously.

Best thing to do is wait till they get back to you and let us know and you can go from there.

• Haha 1

Other mobile networks do this too, i don't really think it is much to worry about. If they connected you then you've passed the credit check. If they've then barred you pending the receiving of id to the Fraud team, then this is just to prove if you are who you say you are.

As long as you are who you say you are then you don't need to worry. They'll unbar you once they receive the proofs. A little bit of an inconvenience considering you'll be barred for a few days, but this is a small price to pay when you think that if someone else took a contract out in your name then T-Mobile would have caught them out with this process and saved you from identity-fraud.