still receiving letters from debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. In May last year I was forced to declare myself bankrupt (I didn't owe enough to go for an IVA). I've continued to receive letters from debt collection agencies. I've contacted the receiver about these and have spoken on the phone and/or sent letters to the debt collectors informing them of my circumstances.

I sent a copy of my bankruptcy order and details of the official receiver to one company Iqor recovery services but they are continuing to send me letters threatening me with court action to recover the debt (which was definitely included in the bankruptcy).

I don't know what further I can do, they've been made aware of the situation but continue to hound me anyway.

Any advice?

thanks

Assuming the debt wasn't incurred after the bankruptcy they absolutely don't have a leg to stand on - in fact its a bankruptcy offence for you to pay them!

To be charitable, IQOR will only be acting on the instruction of the original creditor so it might be best to contact the original creditor and make sure they are aware of your bankruptcy.

Interesting post, I have just gone onto a DRO, simular to BR for people with debts under 15k. I am going through the monotory period so awaiting a discharge, sometime next year. Are they still able to send me statements/letters during this time?

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales