have logbook loans won? I think the devil has risen!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have logbook loans won?

They have now contacted me after 3 years of being silent?

I hid the car and it is still in hiding after all this time, i sent them a letter from my solicitor 3 years ago and heard nothing from logbook for 3 years!!.

so i left it, now they say they want their money!!!!

my solicitor told the loans were were misold due to misrepresentation and that it was unenforceable.

is the OFT still pursuing these people or have they won?

I have been through hell with these crooks and its strange timing for them to start contacting and harassing me again.

is it too late to contact the OFT again?

god help all the people if these arsoles have been given a license to con yet again....

Help.

nothing has changed

p'haps it just your turn in the surname phishing letter list

do some reading inthis forum

i'd ignore then

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you for your quick reply.

its just that i was thinking i could have had something to harm their case. which is a recording of the rep mis selling me the loan and at the same time telling me not to worry about the small print and that the car is and will always be mine?

until i tried to cancel loan 8 days later, i was never told about a 7 day grace period or cancellation period and then they (Foster) hit me with, they own the car now and will take it if i don't pay all of the money,,,,,so from an initial loan of 500, and the statement of " i will always be the owner of the car" to it was now owned by them, and they could take it if they wanted to and sell it, and the loan spiralled to over 13k because i didn't want to lose my car, it has been hell since and i haven't known what to do, and no car so they didn't find it.

I wasn't even working I was on incapacity. they wasn't even interested in how i could afford to pay.

it will burn first.

my surname is A by the way........not Z.

Edited by actionblusox

thats sound wrong.......£500 - £13k

we needs a bit more info i think.

get your facts together and the guys will read it in the morning.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi actionblusox

the case brought by the OFT against logbook is still on-going as the current status on the public register still shows as 'minded to revoke'

I think we should shortly have an update on matters soon because in another case that the OFT took against a company called MSN Financial their records showed as:

minded to refuse : 7/3/08

determined to refuse : 22/08/08

appeal rejected : 30/03/09

licence terminated : 21/04/09

So if you have information that will assist them - I would get it sent off without fail.

It is no joke when after 3 years - they come back to haunt you - in fact a 'recording' sounds ideal -and is confirmation of what they appear to say to all prospective customers

don't pay a penny to them - keep your car in hiding and ignore them - if they take the matter to court - you have your tape recording as a good defence on 'mis-selling' for starters.

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Thanks for that advice applecart its greatly appreciated.

they have always known my address in this period but i certainly think it is because i told them that i had the recording that they backed off.

fosters only reply was " who do you think you are recording our underwriter that is illegal and we are seeking advice to sue you"

Lol! I said "bring it on then con man" you have conned me into thinking that this agreement was fair and never using your duty of care to make sure I could afford this, they only had one aim in mind, and that was to suck me in and then catch me in a trap!.

next reply was nearly 3 years later with a threat!!!! "we want our money"

cheers I will contact the OFT with this.

• 1 month later...

best of luck actionblusox

get legal advise if you feel you need it - ok : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]