Help Please

qualitystreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car loan and personal loan question. If I have made a recent (Feb 2009) payment to my Car Loan by a BS cheque and quoted the account it should be paid into and then Welcome have taken it as payment against the PL. (this has caused car acnt to have charges against it). Can I ask for it to be reversed and paid into the correct account?

I have paid more than 1/3rd off the car (22 1/2 payments from 48). 8)Never late until Feb this year - hours cut at work by a 1/4. Requested both statements - which took over a week to come - behind by 1 1/2 mnths on car (one month caused by above Welcome mistake) and 2 on loan (more if they reverse the mistake as requested). Lots of silly bits on statement - reversed loan payments and lol - two charges for a non payments by card.....they kept my card details to use next month - details taken over the phone for one payment -but I was lucky as it was the month for my new card issue and I didnt realise they had gone to take another payment.

Working out statements into debit and credits makes it looks like the odd ammounts that my "Friend" has asked me to make from March this year have ensured that neither accnt is paid enough and charges can be made on both. Maybe done to get him commision?

When I told my "friend" at my local Welcome payment was onto wrong account he said I must get copy of my original chq to see what is quoted on it...lol... He has told me that "they" - presume someone above him - can cause problems over the car - I asked "take the car away" and he said yes - this is because I am behind my PL. I just dont know what to do for the best. I wrote to him - after looking at questions on this site and said they would have to take me to court as I had paid just under 1/2 off car. The car is a little gem and no problems to date. Also my "Friend" wont call me at work as I asked him not to but did visit me at weekend - said he would give me a call this week but I missed his phone call as I was out. He has indicated that he will not be able to deal with my account - it will go to someone else...also one call from the manager of the branch..think they are playing good cop/bad cop to make me pay.

Also I have asked for a copy of the NU insurance - taken out to cover car breakdown - never had a copy of this - nothing yet sent - also last week was the first time had a car statement. Took out gap insurance but reading my original contract because I am behind with the payments (all insurance must be made by equal payments) this is not worth the paper its written on. Didnt take PPI out but was I mis-sold the NU insurance if it was not with Norwich Union? - as seen in previous threads.

I would not pay anything this month but they insist that I make a payment for both accounts in full next weekend - get a Bankers Chq and go to the office to pay before 12 O'Clock on Saturday. I can pay car next month (just about) but am inclined not to - but can pay only a few pounds off the personal loan - its for 4K . Only taken out a year ago....3 more years to go. Have looked at my credit score and nothing is noted on there. Which loan is it best to pay some off - I am not worried about my credit score as will never borrow again - dont have mortage - as all paid off. I need the car for work and I am not very mobile and live out of town so need car.

Sorry if I have rambled on a bit - also I quoted in the letter sent to branch that I am in dispute with them over the car because have not had statements and have not had N U insurance details. Please help - cant sleep with worry over this

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

just wanted to say that you should try not to worry so much over this, No amount of debt is worth losing sleep over!

I also have a car and personnel loan with:(welcome finance.And I feel so cheated by them.

Someone will correct me if im wrong, But your car loan and personnel loan are two seperate things therefore they can't repossess your car if you are behind on your personnel loan.(They might tell you that to scare you into paying)

They can repossess your car if you are behind on your car payments, but they have to do it in a certain way (I think they need a court order).

Someone with a bit more knowledge will nodoubt be along soon with advice on the best action to take.