style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok i had a shop i opened it in june 08 i closed it in sept 08 its all still in my name the baliffs have come tody for the business rates of wait for it ....£5278.84....i called the number left they have said as it is closed i may get a reduction on the rates, and has given me 24 hours to contact the council and call him back then i told him i had reserched on here and he was not impressed and said basically i have no rights left and i have to pay yes i can do a payment plan but i have to tell him what my assets are! which there is none!

any adviced apprciated

thanks

has to be some kind of mistake there! make sure that if applicable the council has given small business rate relief too. My rates per year are £809 on a shop with 100m2 of retail space in a fairly average UK town if this helps you compare?

urm..

serious lets add my fees here 'cause they ain't got a clue..........

rip off

phone the council & get the exact figure they passed to the bailiff,

then stop shaking.

ps: mayfair........blimey i'd expect that if i were an icecream seller outside buckpal.....no way is that correct...but i bet the bailiff is smiling on the illegal fees he has added.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

flowerpower - do you still own this shop, i.e did you buy it freehold in June 08 or was it just a rental aggrement that you ended/walked away from?

whats the situation with the shop now - is it still empty or is there other trader in there now?

has to be some kind of mistake there! make sure that if applicable the council has given small business rate relief too. My rates per year are £809 on a shop with 100m2 of retail space in a fairly average UK town if this helps you compare?

I'm in the south east & the valuations office quote for my shop is:

LineFloorDescription

Area m²/Units

£/m²

Value £

1Ground Retail Zone A

2Ground Retail Zone B

3Ground Kitchen

4Ground Staff Toilets

N/A

Total Area:

Subtotal:

Total Value:

Because the valuation is just under 10k, I only get 10% SBRR so my annual bill is £8730!:eek:

Wanna trade places??;):)

I think i can see what is going on here as it is Business Rates it runs from April to April i get your bill to be around £2'686.15 but you have been charged from sep 08 till April 09 you need to inform the council in writing and inform them you was only trading for 4 months and even if you still had the lease on the building you need to tell them it was empty.

just out of interest what was your rent?

I ask this because Business rates can't exeed 49pence per £ ratable value

and more often than not they will have a stab in the dark at what they think it is.

LFB