Swinton Cancelled By Car Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I wonder if I can get some advice?:eek:

I took out car insurance with Swinton, but because I did not hold a bank account, I had to come in person to the office each month to pay the installments. They said they would send out a letter to remind me each month to pay, however, they did not send out a reminder letter and I would had been late paying, which I was. I went into the office to pay 2 weeks later, but they said they had already sent out a letter, stating that the policy would be cancelled in 7 days, despite me willing to pay.

I want to know why the cancellation process cannot be stopped?

I was unaware of this action when I took the policy out and I do not have a credit agreement in my person, any advice?

Is there an case about them not sending out the reminder letter?

Why are they so strict on deadlines etc etc and why did they not explain this before?

Stewart

When you pay for insurance by monthly payments, you effectively borrow the money to pay the yearly premium at the beginning then pay it off monthly, much like getting a TV from currys...

I'm pretty sure that legally you won't have a case for them not reminding you to pay, they will have been upfront with what the payment schedule was when you took out the insurance at the beginning.

I had this same problem with Swinton. I was changing banks and the DD had not been set up properly. I got a £50.00 cancelation charge. They blamed it on the insurance company.

I went in the office and threatened them with the riot act,while they had other customers in there. There debt collection letter was against OFT guidelines, it stated it was sent recorded delivery and it wasnt. I had not received previous notice of cancellation ect.

They agreed to wavier the charge and reinstate my policy. I have since left them.