Fun and Games with Cabot

Pinky69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear - I am going to have to take Cabot to court and sue the pants off them for the entries they made on my credit reference reports, about to fall off in September. In reply to a query from Equifax, Cabot wrote this:

"We have supplied the consumer with the application form(agreement)."

Today I received a letter from our dear friends Cabot which states that:

"We have made several requests for a copy of the agreement from (OC). However, as the account was opened in 2001, (OC) no longer has this documentation."

Oh what a tangled web weave when first we practice to deceive.

And there is more!

They enclosed with the letter a Statement of Account supposed to be from the OC dated 2002 and at the bottom of the letter it states that the copywrite is 2007.

Look out Cabot here I come! :-D

Oh dear - I am going to have to take Cabot to court and sue the pants off them for the entries they made on my credit reference reports, about to fall off in September. In reply to a query from Equifax, Cabot wrote this:

"We have supplied the consumer with the application form(agreement)."

Today I received a letter from our dear friends Cabot which states that:

"We have made several requests for a copy of the agreement from (OC). However, as the account was opened in 2001, (OC) no longer has this documentation."

Oh what a tangled web weave when first we practice to deceive.

And there is more!

They enclosed with the letter a Statement of Account supposed to be from the OC dated 2002 and at the bottom of the letter it states that the copywrite is 2007.

Look out Cabot here I come! :-D

About £8k is the going rate, plus their fine

The plot thickens - I have discovered something else. I was paying the OC right up until 31/10/2007 - I have that on my last statement from CCCS when I had my DMP with them. So how did Cabot get the details of this account in 2002? There is something very fishy about this and I am taking this to a solicitor.

seriously?

WOW

In Richard Durkin v DSG Retail and HFC Bank (2007) provides a more recent guide with regards to the damage suffered as a result of a default and the claimant was awarded £8,000 plus an additional sum for the loss suffered in not being able to use credit in a normal manner.

In this case, the additional sum for not being able to get cheaper credit was in exess of £100,000.00 as he was reused a commercial mortgage at a lower rate, due to trashing of his credit rating.

I feel sure that there is more milage here, but it needs some thought.