Can we invoice the banks for our letters?

Thailand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible when filing a claim to add costs for writing a letter to the bank? reason being they seem to "misplace" them, and I have to write more, even though I have recorded proof of delivery? (I know now I should have proceeded to the next step regardless).

I am now thinking of charging them for my time say 12.00 a letter? maybe the OFT would deem that reasonable!. Sorry if this has already been answered but haven't come across the info.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the amount of "manual intervention" involved in your writing a letter to the bank, I think you would have a much stronger argument for charging £12 for a letter than the bank does for charging you £39 for something computer-generated. I suppose you could also argue that the time you spent preparing and researching what to put in the letter was time you could have spent earning money doing something else.

• Confused 1

Well I have invoiced a DCA for a letter I received that had No postage on it

Here is my letter

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re your letter dated 24th July 2006.

Since you did not put postage onto the letter, and I had to pay a charge of £1:23 (£1 Handling Charge & £0:23 Postage), I am now issuing you a bill for the collection and Postal charges incurred to retrieve this letter.

Total charge to XXXXXXXXXXX Limited is £5:23

Breakdown of charge

£1:00 Handling Charge

£0:23 Postage

£2:00 Collection (My time)

£2:00 Fuel used

Making a total of £5:23, which you have 14 days to sent payment by cheque or Postal order, as the account is in Dispute and unenforceable by XXXXXXXXXXXXX Limited.

If you do not send payment for this debt owed by XXXXXXXXXCCC Limited, I will only contact you once more for payment, after which WILL result in Court action taken against XXXXXXXXXXXX Limited for collection.

As to the issues raised in your letter dated 24th July 2006, As Collection agents for XXXXXXXXXXXX, you should have in your files a True Signed Agreement, and also the Deed of assignment, which you have failed to provide both of these to me, and as such, you have committed an offence, which you have been reported to Trading Standards for this offence.

I do not recognise XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Limited as agents for Argos Card Services, I did not give Argos Card Service permission to use my data to pass on to third parties in what so ever means, which means that XXXXXXXXXXXXXX have also committed an offence under the Data Protection act.

I will not tolerate any more communication in relation to XXXXXXXXXXXX from XXXXXXXXXXXXX Limited, and will report XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Limited to the relevant authorities and also issue and injection against XXXXXXXXXXXX Limited for any such communications.

Not got a reply back yet, they have upto the 14th to pay up or a further letter will be sent

I tell you, my confidence against these parasites has increased, NO ONE will ever walk over me again, Try at your own peril

• Confused 1

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Nice one... be interested to see how that turns out

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Can you not claim for your reply postage? or did you do the same to them. Pls let me know if thats included in your collection.

Tricky that one, as I used their paper - Faxed it - LOL

Well they not got long left - Wonder if I'll get a cheque back in the Post or Not - Most prob NOT

Do not worry, This is going all the way, just like they would of, but they would only give around 7 days to respond

• Confused 1

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Sehr gut frauline! It would be great for so many reasons if they cough up lol

I do intend this all the way, Just as they would do If I had not got the information that I have in relation to The CCA 1974 and my Rights under it

And when you have to go the post office to collect something and pay, What dam cheek, as You cannot ask who its from as nothing on the envelope, so it could be anyone, It could of been a cheque

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

.... and also issue and injection against XXXXXXXXXXXX Limited for any such communications.

:o Blimey. You take no prisoners!!! ;)

Great letter by the way!

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

:o Blimey. You take no prisoners!!! ;)

Great letter by the way!

Thanks Wickerman

To be honest, It is about time that US the Consumer acted

And that is this site, its 56,547 Members

(as of 09:13am 10th Aug 2006)

With out each and every one helping each other, We would get no where, there are those here with little or no knowledge of what to do, But they do need the push to fight.

I have known for many years, and I 'm sure many of you have, that Hey £35 charge for going over my OD by Just a penney or even a quid, ????????

Can that be right surely????

We have all thought that at some point, Tell me if I'm right or wrong, But we have

And we have been led to believe that The banks and Financial Institutions act lawfully, as they are big institutions who havbe lawyers and solicitors (ok one of the Same) but we took it for granted, that they would never act unlawfully.

HEY - We been proved wrong, BIG TIME

3-4 Billion ££££ each and every year in charges

We have not even took the 1" of ice off the top of this mountain Yet, Each and EVERY person who has been unlawfully charged, Needs to start this process.

Banks recouping their losses, Bull, They still make Billions as even if this site continues at its present rate or jus a bit faster, I doubt if the figure will ever reach 1 billion this or even next year, Hey, Would love to be proved wrong thou

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

So is there any more opinion on this ? Can we charge for our letters ?

If so when would be the right time.

Paul

Me

HSBC: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First statments 21/08

Capital One: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

MBNA: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

G.E Money (BurtonCard): DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Citi Bank: DPASAR 08/08 - Requested more personal info 10/08 - Sent 10/08

RBoS: DPASAR 07/08 - Standard Reply XX/08

HSBC (Credit Card): DPASAR XX/08

Partner

Argos: DPASAR 10/08 - Screen Prints XX/08 - Prelim 17/08

New Look: DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Abbey Nat: DPASAR 10/08 - Requested more personal info - Sent XX/08

Mom

Barclay Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Capital One: DPASAR 18/08 -

L.P.F: DPASAR 18/08 -

Lloyds TSB: DPASAR 17/08 -

Monument: DPASAR 17/08 -

Sainsbury's Credit Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Partners Mom

Studio: Prelim

Allders: Prelim

Partners Sis

NatWest: DPASAR 22/08

So is there any more opinion on this ? Can we charge for our letters ?

If so when would be the right time.

Paul

I can't see why it would be unreasonable to charge for your letters. You are only having to go to the trouble of writing them because of your banks unlawful and unfair actions. If they hadn't broken the law you wouldn't have had to waste your time writing otherwise pointless letters.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

If only I could find a solicitor who would work for £3 per letter and £10 an hour.

Quite! & the "solicitor" is wrong

You can charge 1/2 the proffessional rate for whatever you do & that includes your time spent.

When dealing with your claim keep a note of the time you start or finish each task.

Solicitors letters which unlike those computer generated by the banks are specific to the individual client in their content are charged at £13.50p. So you charge £6.75p per letter.

You can claim 1/2 the local hourly rate as set by your local county court. (phone them & they''ll advise you of the rates)

The various sets of rates will cover the unqualified paralegal (which is what you are) upto the most experienced solicitor with many years experience.

Here Publications - Guidance

PS when you phone the court don't tell them what you need the rates for because they will try & discourage you from claiming saying you cant do it the judge won't allow it etc: This is because they don't understand how it works & as some here have found they just think they do.