GuitarHero v MBNA CC

GuitarHero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

1st post and all so be gentle (i am sure I've got a few things mixed up)

I recently decided to request CCAs on all my credit cards - knowing that they were all very old circa 1996-2001 and may not have been properly executed/enforceable.

All accounts are up-to-date and not with any other third parties.

Whilst I've had the usual spam and no signature from Barclay card the only other card issuer to respond is MBNA Platinum.

They have returned my original signed application form with what appears to be terms on a seperate page. They have also supplied an updated credit agreement (unsigned) and registered to a different (but current correct address).

In regards the original signed application the (circa 1999) the T&C often make references to conditions not included on the page (these have been circled in red). The conditions end and 12 but there is often references to conditions 14 & 15.

I guess at this point I have three options:-

1. Send back a letter stating CCA is not enforceable with what they have supplied.

2. Assuming that the signature is binding (and I am not sure on this as its clearly the application document and not a Credit Agreement). Point out that not all T&C where defined in original agreement and dispute enforceability/execution.

3. Accepted they have sufficiently demonstrated their obligation to supply a valid CCA.

Obviously as a complete novice regarding these issues I am seeking to make the correct next step without over complicating the issue and dragging in irrelevant or possible harmful issues.

Any help greatly appreciated.

[/url]

Edited by GuitarHero