Council PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A council has sent a PCN for stopping on a restricted bus stop / stand. Obviously this was a total new place and a genuine mistake, has only been realised after receiving the PCN. Further the incident occured for just few minutes as could be remembered!! Would really appreciate any help for making an effort to get this cancelled.

how do you propose to cancel it?

you parked in a bus stop, where you should not have done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed, honestly the stop was at least 50 -100 yards away...was done just to load the groceries (heavy) bought from the shop next to the pavement and was only few minutes there. Any help is much appreciated..

Agreed, honestly the stop was at least 50 -100 yards away...was done just to load the groceries (heavy) bought from the shop next to the pavement and was only few minutes there. Any help is much appreciated..

ok so you were not at the stop.....sorry

i wonder if they have a photo?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Pics too small to read. Suggest you host them on Photobucket or Tinypic.

Scan the document into your computer and open it in Paint or similar program. Edit out the personal information and identifying numbers etc.

Save itas a jpeg file

Open an a/c on Photobucket, (here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket ),or Tinypic here: (TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting )

Click the "upload image" box and browse to find the file of your scanned jpeg on your hard disk

It will then upload the image to Photobucket and it will show you thumbnails of the images you have uploaded. Under each image there are links that you can copy and paste.

Copy and paste the IMG Code link from Photobucket to the reply box on your thread here, which will look like this:

imagename.jpg{\IMG

When you submit the reply, the text will change into the image you uploaded onto Photobucket.

See how to in section 1.16 (Attach Documents) here:

How Do I....? A Dummies Guide to the Forum

ah i think the bit about red lines could be the clue here.........:rolleyes:

dx

and they

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae284/palasmy/20090821143453_00002.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae284/palasmy/20090821143453_00003.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae284/palasmy/20090821143453_00001x.jpg

Thanks everyone for the response, and appreciate Michael's step by step by guide to post the pics. Please have a look and help me through! There is 20 odd days left before I could be summoned again. As said it was a genuine mistake in a new place, further the car's engine was even running and was more like a pick up / drop off!!

I'm not sure, it was one of the main roads in croydon(london road) I suppose. Busy place, but there were parking spaces just before the stop but they were all full. The car had stopped between first space and the actual stop. I'd say roughly there was a gap of about 100 yards or even more..admittedly there were double red lines

I'm not sure, it was one of the main roads in croydon(london road) Right that narrows it down to about a 4 mile stretch. Doesn't help much

admittedly there were double red lines

That's a Red Route - no stopping at any time. You say you weren't parked at a bus stop, so the correct code should have been 46 - Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway. But the PCN is for code 47 - Stopped on a restricted bus stop stand.

That's why the exact location is important. If you weren't on the bus stand, you could claim the contravention never occurred

Thanks Michael, I will have to go back then to find exactly how far away was the car from the bus stop, clearly not in front of it sure!! is there any minimum distance necessary (away from the stop) in this kind of a situation to appeal

I will have to go back then to find exactly how far away was the car from the bus stop,
This like squeezing blood from a stone. If you just tell us the exact location in London Road, we can look at it on Google Streets and see what signs/roadmarkings there are and where the parking bays end and the bus stop/stand begins.

Apologies Michael didn't realise you were expecting that, managed to find the post code of the grocery shop...it is CR0 2RL. If I remember right, there was two bays opp the shop...

Can you provide the junction and shop name?

The post code applies to a large chunck of street and the part google lmaps goes to is Double Yellows, not Double Reds

H

The name of the shop should be either "HARAN BROS or ABISHA UK LTD" And I think the name of the stop is 'Broad Green, Sumner Road Broad Green (Stop LE)'. Appreciate everyone's time and hope this helps others in similar situation..

The name of the shop should be either "HARAN BROS or ABISHA UK LTD" And I think the name of the stop is 'Broad Green, Sumner Road Broad Green (Stop LE)'. Appreciate everyone's time and hope this helps others in similar situation..

OK, I think I have found it... Is this the place?

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/mostflayed/Private/ldnroad.jpg

Google doesn't show it as a red route, must be an old image...

H

spot on heliosfa, yeah looks like it is slightly outdated however we could see the red area of the bus stop. Is there a possibility for a wrong contravention? Was the camera automatic because don't remember seeing any wardens around that time? moreover as already said, the engine was on and it was only for a few minutes..

The street view clearly suggests that the bus stop is far from where the car actually stopped, although it was a prohibited area. But the PCN says 'code 47 and stopped on a restricted bus stop' which was not the case actually. Can an appeal be made on this ground ? Will they then change the code and issue a new PCN according to the fault? Please advise..thanks

Thanks Michael, will request for the still images from them to confirm my stand. I suppose a decision can be made after that, whether or not a challenge may be worthful. Quite sure that it did not happen front of the bus stop.

Just wondered how much explanation should be given in a situation like this as to why the contravention did not occur...

will update this thread as and when I have news so that everyone can benefit from this..