Hubby Being Taken To Court By Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

He took out a loan against my advice:mad: and now he is being taken to court. He has an overdraft as well and this has been lumped in with the loan (£6320.00 this includes interest and court charges) When we were initially were sent court papers, I saw no reason not to contest the claim, because he owes the money. We made an offer to pay Natwest £50 per month but this was turned down by their solicitors. (I have been paying this money into his account closed Natwest account)

My husband suffers from ill health and is unable to work, so I am the breadwinner in our house, we have told the court this and sent them proof of my husband's condition. He is due in court in the next couple of weeks. What can I expect when we get to court, by all accounts we have 10 minutes to state our case. No matter what we only afford to pay £50 a month towards the debt.

I don't know how much interest is being charged and should they be applying interest now that the matter is in the hands of the court.

HELP

Hi amilliondollars , firstly try not to worry about the court case.In court there will only be your husband ,the judge and the solicitor for the other side. As you have stated you have tried to come to an agreement with Nat West and this helps a lot. I guess that the judge will order payments set at a amount you can afford , I owed Natwest around the same amount and ended up paying £10 per month ( which I had already offered them and was paying) , I guess Natwest do not learn from their stupidity.By the way does the claimed amount include any penalty charges , if it does then I would mention it to the judge and try to reduce the amount of claim, has your husband SARed NatWest yet to find out the amount of charges (if any) ? . also has the date been set yet ?

sleepingdog

Thanks all for replying.

I didn't defend the claim stupid! As I now realise that it includes payment protection insurance. When he was made unemployed we did claim from it for the specified period. Will this effect my argument that this fee is included in their final figure?

Reading through some of the threads I will be writing an urgent letter to the solicitors asking for a breakdown of costs. I suspect that penalty costs for non-payment are included as well. We have asked Natwest for statement re bank charges and have put in a claim, I have asked for the matter to be dealt with under hardship, but because they are taking my income into account we are being told that they cannot process our claim using this criteria.

• 2 weeks later...