style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wrote this on the legal forum but thought I would post it here as I worked for a bailiff company so would be relevant here too perhaps? At least it shows what these people are really like.

Something awful happened yesterday and I can't believe I'm going through this so I really need some help if possible. This story could go on for so long but I will try and keep it short.

Basically, yesterday I was suspended for 'a bad attitude' (firstly, anybody I worked with would tell you that is very far from the truth, I'm a very nice person). I disagreed with this and was called upstairs to see the owner of the business, I asked for a witness to sit in with me. The owner walked into the meeting room and told the witness "Get out now, he has no rights, I own this place, get out". he walked out and I said "I'm not having this meeting without a witness". At this point the owner blocked the doorway and forced me back into the room, I was terrified so I pushed my way past and the owner fell over. Then the IT manager ran over and pushed me into the wall and forced me onto the ground, he assaulted me and threatened me.

Since then I have found out that the owner has gone to the police (as I have) to accuse me of assault. I did nothing wrong, I was just trying to escape.

My problem is the owner is very rich and has lots of 'friends' and I am worried that I will not get a fair case. Also, there were 5 people present, my colleague (witness) and I, and also the owner, IT manager and HR manager, and they will side with the company, apart from my colleague, who is fully on my side.

I'm still very shaken up. I do suffer with some mental health problems anyway so this has really affected me. I couldn't sleep at all last night.

My girlfriend is worried that if I get charged then our baby could be taken away as social services have already been involved (she escaped from a violent person in the past).

I'm generally just a friendly, timid person, I really can't cope with all this.

I hope somebody can tell me where to start and what to do from here.

Thank you for reading

Not good at all, it is your right to have another pearson with you,

you must contact a solicitor strait away if you look in your local paper in the job section you might find a no win no fee.

the fact that you have both claimed asualt is another matter the fact that he tryed to keep you in the office alone could also be classed as faulse imprisonment and you should also report him for this, as this is usualy a larger sentence than asault

There are standard operating procedures how an employer shall behave and act in case of suspension. He can only suspend you without pay after a primary investigation where reasonable suspicion of a crime or unlawful behaviour exist. In the majority of cases he can only suspend you with full pay pending an investigation. After suspension he must invite you for an interview where you by law are entitled to be accompanied by a witness/friend/collegue/union representative. Your case should be presented and you should be able to respond. Now, what this particular moron has done is to give you all the ammunition you need to take him to an employment tribunal and to a civil court and to a criminal court for false imprisonment. Enjoy!

GR

There are standard operating procedures how an employer shall behave and act in case of suspension. He can only suspend you without pay after a primary investigation where reasonable suspicion of a crime or unlawful behaviour exist. In the majority of cases he can only suspend you with full pay pending an investigation. After suspension he must invite you for an interview where you by law are entitled to be accompanied by a witness/friend/collegue/union representative. Your case should be presented and you should be able to respond. Now, what this particular moron has done is to give you all the ammunition you need to take him to an employment tribunal and to a civil court and to a criminal court for false imprisonment.

I'd heartily concur with GR's advice, I'd also consider reporting him and the IT manager to the Police