Debt Managment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I wanted to ask, if you go through Debt Management through Citizens Advice Bureau, PayPlan or whoever else offers it. Does any of the debt get written off? Or do you just pay what you can afford each month until it all gets paid off eventually?

Thank You

the idea of debts being written off is sadly mostly an urban myth proported by these commercial co's that think an unenforcablee CCA is some magical tool that wipes away all your debts.... it is NOT> an unenfocable debt is just that, is unenforcable...it doesn't just go away.

anyhow.

there is nothing to stop you doing it all yourself with a little help from us.

it would be useful to give a list and a bit of history about each debt & then p'haps fire off a few CCA requests to clarify who IS entitled to get monies off you first.

keep us informed

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Only way to get debts written off is to go bankrupt/debt relief order. I went with CCCS for my debt management plan. I had £88 a month left for 3 months and then things got worse with my budget so I had less then £32 left each month. I am now going through the montrey period for my DRO, still struggling each month and trying desperatly to find a way to boost my income.

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales

Yes 6 years. Bankrupt should always be the last choice. Strongly consider the debt management option. Call CCCS and see what they can do.

Well since i am not working and only have job seekers, which pays my rent.

I have been told i don't earn enough for a DMP and i think BR is the best option. I have been stuck with around £39k for around 4 years and it has got to a point where i am not clearing anything at all.

Then I think BR is a good option for you. I used CCCS as they offer a bankruptcy service which will help you all the way. Give them a call and they can advise you and talk you through all the way. Good luck! I started off on a DMP at £88 a month, but household bills went up and I was no longer able to do a DMP, luckily I was able to do a DRO.

I was gonna go through Citizens Advice Bureau as i had an appointment today in regards to a payment plan with 2 of my creditors and the lady did mention BR, but i waived it away.

But after some long hard thinking it maybe for thr best. I will most likely go through CAB, but if they cannot help i will go through CCCS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Britguy

I am in a dmp with payplan and they have always been really good with me. However, you would need at least £100 disposable income to pay into the DMP each month to clear your debts. If you do not have this amount, then bankruptcy would be a good option for you. It does take 12 months, and as you are not working, you would not be required to pay into an income payments order for 3 years. You would not lose anything with you having no property or assets at a high value. The only disadvantage is that there is an upfront fee of £510 to pay (if you are on benefits, you can claim to get about £150 of this back), and it does remain ont he government register.

Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Loobyloo85,

Well i had an appointment at the CAB today and the lady was very helpful with advice and how to proceed. Now just searching for the BR forms online and have them printed off and then hopefully at the end of the month i will be going to court. Is there a link to the forms?

The fee is £360 and if i show a letter to prove i am on benefits then the £150 gets deducted.

how much debt have you got, BK is really not the answer.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ouch

i take this does not inc mortgage?

i know it elongates the bk timescale, but, have you looked at reclaiming unlawful charges, fees and PPI, to see how much that could reduce the overall level?

also how many have you sent cca's too, this obv doesn't make the debts go away, but, it might certainly result in many not needing to be paid on a monthly basis

dx

and they

I have one idea which may help (very slightly with income), I was going to ask if you have internet access then felt a sudden urge to slap myself upside the head (this being an online forum and all!!!!).

Anyway my point... oh yes, this isn't life changing by any means but if, like me, you spend a lot of time online then it might be a way to increase your income.

There are cashback websites which reward you for purchases but some also reward you (x pence per click) for performing a search. There's a big thread and article on it at MSE. I also fill out survey for lightspeed panel because I earn points which I can convert to money via paypal.

None of the amounts are vast but as your income is modest I thought every little would help. If this has helped click my scales, I'm bringing them back!!!!

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.