Contractual interest?

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think, although i stand to be corrected, that this was my thread?

In which case i feel at perfect liberty to inform you all that the pants are generally ok, although somewhat leaky overnight, but the colours good and the stains dont show.

So for those of you who have previousley clicked my scales, just make sure you wash your fingers!!!!

Glenn

PS you have to have a grin now and then dont ya?

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest willowb

So for those of you who have previousley clicked my scales, just make sure you wash your fingers!!!!

Or seek medical advice:rolleyes:

Wxx

Or seek medical advice:rolleyes:

Wxx

I'll just click with rubber gloves on, I think.

If you really want some fun, though, I've got a pair of those elbow-length ones somewhere. :eek: - I think THAT would be termed a PM in no uncertain terms !!

I dunno, I thought I had mopped up the mess before I went out, and look wot 'appens ? You're right, Glenn, this WAS your thread. "Glenn.....you've just LOST "Contractual Interest." !!! :grin: Next time, you better lock the cockpit door.

"Behold the monster I have created !"

I see you're platinum, mate (4WD shopping trolley level). Has anybody ever been demoted, yet ?

Guest willowb
I'll just click with rubber gloves on, I think.

If you really want some fun, though, I've got a pair of those elbow-length ones somewhere. - I think THAT would be termed a PM in no uncertain terms !!

:o :eek: :eek: Ahem.....I am presuming that you are a vet? in which case that's fine but just in case you are not.....please seek help:-| :p And, what the feck does PM stand for? (worried expression) I know it's not Personal Message:rolleyes:

Ahem.....I am presuming that you are a vet? in which case that's fine but just in case you are not.....please seek help:-| :p And, what the feck does PM stand for? (worried expression) I know it's not Personal Message:rolleyes:

No - wrong guess, Willow. Customs officer. :lol:

...and I MEANT "Personal Message." :grin:

Brilliant un-smiley !! There ya go Glenn - all yours !!! :p

hijacked_thread.gif

PMSL! :lol:

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance I could have a look at your letters for claiming charges+comp cont interest? and your spreadsheet? not sure how to go about this, and want to check i'm doing it right. Not as clever as wot u lot r!! :oops: (U know the type, gives blondes a bad name etc) lol

cheers

Sweet

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Hi Sweetie,

Despite the impression the previous bunch of posts might have given you, they're a helpful bunch here !!! There are some clever sods on this forum, and some thickos like me, but between us all we seem to be able to achieve some awesome results. It takes a bit of time & effort, but it's well worth it.

Looks like you've got some reading up to do first, though !!! Check out these threads, and you'll probably find just about all you need to know - or all you WANNA know !!! :o

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7252-new-way-looking-interest.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/28574-authorised-interest-unauthorised-interest.html

You'll be glad you did, I'm sure.

BTW I think Glenn will be pleased to see a relatively sensible post on here again, too, so thanks for that !!

Bill. :)

• Haha 1

Me, relatively sensible - whoho, the disguise obviously worked then. :lol:

Seriously though, I have to admit to having read all these threads - oh how slowly the mists are clearing! - and I think I've got the drift but it would be nice to check against a live/won letter and spreadsheet? If not, could anyone answer the following questions about filling in the spreadsheets?

a) how do I calculate av o/d balance?

b) I sometimes have two charges (one for referrals, one just charges, say for apr) one taken out in april, but the other, plus the interest for april (including proportion as interest on charges) is taken out of my account in May. The spreadsheet calculates the interest on the penalties automatically so what do I put in the interest column, the interest charged for april or the interest for may or both?

c) if you continue to be o/d throughout these and future months (even though no more charges may be incurred cos, like me, you've stupidly upped your o/d limit) are you still paying interest on the charges and if so how do you enter 'interest still being paid due to charges only' items into the spreadsheet?

Or not, if you see what I mean. I hope you're not as confused as I am :confused:

Any help gratefully accepted. It might be wise to have a strong one before trying though! :lol: thanks

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

Sweetie - Did I just get a click ? If so, thanx. But I didn't really earn it, as it seems you've done your groundwork, after all (been there - got the headache, eh? :cool: !!)

I have to confess that I ain't gonna be much help to you, here, as I never got charged a lot of O/D interest (smug sod :mad: ) - so I didn't bother trying to work out how to claim that. If it's not likely to amount to much, then I'm not inclined to bust a gut claiming it.

Have you used Vampiress's spreadsheets (in the Google facility) ? They seem to have all the columns for O/D interest. Also SirOweALot previously mentioned his spreadsheet, and Vamps showed interest in it, as Sir seems to have a good grasp of this. Maybe they'll stop by and give you some pointers.

Regarding specimen letters, templates, POC's, etc., I have found some posted by members in their own threads - but there are so many now, that it's like taking a solo row across the Pacific ocean in a rubber dinghy. But have a trawl sometime, and Save any useful posts.

I personally have found Mindzai & Lucid's contributions particularly useful, then there's AlanFromDerby, then....so many threads - so little time !!! ;)

HTH

Bill.

You got a click because sweetie's been watching you - you're all over the place, giving advice and encouragement and generally being a very nice gorilla. So the thanks wasn't just for responding so quickly and helpfully to me, but for all the good you generally do. Wish everyone was like that!

:p

You got a click because sweetie's been watching you - you're all over the place, giving advice and encouragement and generally being a very nice gorilla. So the thanks wasn't just for responding so quickly and helpfully to me, but for all the good you generally do. Wish everyone was like that!

:p

Well, thanks, sweetie - you're very kind.

I'm impressed that you've been watching me - it's not as though I have much to input factually, but I have taken so much away from this forum, though, that I feel obliged to contribute something in return. That's the way it works with a forum, I believe. Unfortunately, it's quantity rather than quality in my case, but it's the best I can do !! Biblically, I believe, the "Widow's Mite" is a New Testament equivalent of that, but I can't remember whose Gospel it comes from. Go on - show me you're not all bad - and tell me !!

Who are you claiming from yourself ? Perhaps we can share experiences - although I have to confess that (despite my avatar) I still have a lot to learn !! ;)

All the best from a fellow insomniac,

Bill. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone posted a list of what the various banks' Contractual Rates Of Interest have been over the past 6yrs?

It would be great to have it all in the one place to refer to before attempting the spreadsheets.

I can't seem to wrench this information out of my bank! - RBOS.

Ta

221b

Guest willowb

hummmm I've wondered that myself....have you tried googling for past interest rates? I assume that you have to charge the interest rate applied at the time of the charge and not at the time of the claim:?:

3 glasses of wine.....what'ya expect:p

Wxx

hummmm I've wondered that myself....have you tried googling for past interest rates? I assume that you have to charge the interest rate applied at the time of the charge and not at the time of the claim:?:

3 glasses of wine.....what'ya expect:p

Wxx

Yes, I thought that too, but some people seem to think you should just use whatever the current contractual rate is and let the court(s) decide if this is way off the mark - I expect the banks would soon kick off if the figures were way out :rolleyes: !

It seems a lott less hassle to use the current rate, but a chart of various charges/rates would be useful to have on the site I think. With everyone contributing, it wouldn't take long...

221b

Guest willowb

ok.....4 glasses of wine and what wouldn't take long? anything where everyone added in different interest rates for different years and different banks would take ages to moderate!!! is that what you meant?

I think that, really, claiming the current contractual rate seems much easier. would it be that much difference? .25% or even 1%....I dunno....can't think of a solution:) ...hiccup....:(

Wxx

I personally wonder if trying to work out the interest applicable at different points throughout our claim is erring on the side of excessive precision. I had originally thought that precision is the key to winning one's claim, but I am slowly realising that as personal litigants we are not expected to have to apply so much precision. Just being reasonable seems adequate - after all, we have our own jobs to do and lives to lead, whereas the banks are "professionals."

I have so far received three DPA sar's, and not one of them showed the interest rates in force throughout the period covered. If the banks don't supply that info with the SAR, then I think it is quite reasonable to use the rate applicable at the time of the claim.

They would have to take it right into court if they really wanted to apply all the previous rates, and they would have to do all the donkey-work themselves, in addition to risking the Judge's wrath and standard disclosure.

JMHO

Bill.

PS - Sweetie - did I offend you by offering you a bite of my banana too soon ? Haven't seen you around lately !! :lol:

Guest willowb

Hi:)

when did you offer me a bite of your banana?***hiccup***

and....how dare you take advantage of a slightly ***hiccup*** inebriated female!!!!

or have I got the wrong end of the stick...ahem...banana?:p

Wxxx

errrm I did tip your scales today! or is that not enough for you???:mad: bloody apes! it's all ME ME ME!!! LOL

Sorry - looks like you two guys posted while I was typing in mine. It looks like we agree, 221b, that applying the current rate is good enough.

It looks like Willow is in a position to agree to whatever you put under her nose at the moment !! Sorry, Willow - it's Saturday night again, innit ?

No - let's try and behave (er - google it !!) - Thanks for keeping an eye on Chezt after the last pillow-fight we had - I got your wee clickie, cheers. Here'e lookin' at you, kid !!

Guest willowb

bloody apes....can't trust'em!!!:lol:

btw Bill:x saturday nights theses days are me spent in doors with my children and the only thing I get to sniff is the perfume on my own pillow:-( ......or.....the very good bottle of shiraz I have under my nose at the moment........but it's certainly NOT typical!!!!! To think, I may have had bite of your banana!!!:x

Wxxx:p

Oh God - too late - she's had her fifth glass, and it's getting dangerous here, already !!

Sorry - Willow - I guess I'll always be in trouble with you. I was responding to the mods decree that I, too, should put myself about a bit after over-clicking !!

SweetRevenge seemed a good prospect, but I think she turned into a banana-teaser !!

It's hard to keep up with you lot sometimes !!

Sorry - I'll reword that. It's difficult to keep abreast...aaah - forget it !!!

I give up. I'll be up me tree if anybody wants me. :-x:D