• Tweets

• this is my draft   In reply to your email on Friday the 18th of June.                Firstly today I have received a letter from Barclays informing me that my monthly mortgage payments have gone up by £143 per month that when you calculate over the remaining term of the mortgage it equates to approximately 24k which is very near to the figure which was assumed by the bank to be my arrears. There was no explanation or calculation attached which I find hard to believe. So after contacting the bank and asking the adviser he confirmed that the bank had added on the amount to cover the arrears ( that don’t exist) so in reality I am going to pay the arrears twice. This below is what the ombudsman told your clients to do but unfortunately they obviously cannot read  I quote From the ombudsman to Barclays   My final decision is that Barclays Bank UK Plc should: · Restructure Mr A’s mortgage as if any arrears balance was added to the main balance of the mortgage and the arrears extinguished upon the inception of the mortgage set out in the mortgage offer dated 29 June 2019. · Amend Mr A’s credit file and any internal records in line with the above – so that any arrears were cleared upon inception of the new mortgage   I have asked the bank on numerous occasions for statements in relation to the so called arrears and  my overpayments  Which add up to a few thousand pounds so I can calculate what is also owed to me. They are refusing to give the statements to me stating that because I have missed payments they do not have to supply them , I don’t believe this is right and is not in line with the banking code of conduct.   The fact that your clients have only just woken up and instructed you is no concern of mine. It is simply a further demonstration of their poor attitude to the interests of their customers and also their disregard for decisions made by the financial ombudsman service.   You refer to a "short delay" but I notice that you are unwilling to give any kind of commitment. Your letter is littered with "as soon as possible" and "in due course". But the ombudsman's instructions are clear.  So are the courts powers under the FMSA 2000. There is nothing to consider no negotiation to be had and no compromises to be made - so why the delay?   Because you have made me feel sorry for you I'll give you an extra week. If it was simply a question of money that hadn't been paid, I would agree. There would be no question of prejudice. However, we are talking here about damage to my credit file which has gone on now for well over a year and a half. Your clients may not care about their own you you are you are you are so so you will you are a you you are a reputation but I certainly care about mine.   The damage to my credit reputation is totally without justification. It is unfair treatment not to mentioninaccurate data processing. It is continuing and your clients are wilfully exacerbating the problem. It's not clear to me whether they are doing this deliberately or simply because of their ineptitude. Do you know? I'm quite happy that you share these documents with the court. Especially your admission that your clients have only just now instructed you despite the fact that this matter has been ongoing for a considerable time. Frankly I would have thought that it would be in your client's interest not to reveal how slack their attitude and procedures are – but that's a matter for you. And incidentally, there will be no question of costs if you simply don't try to put any response or defence. The ombudsman's decision is binding and there'sactually no reason for you to get involved except to hold a dialogue with your client and tell them to get a move on. If your clients instruct you to get involved, then it will be completely unnecessary. This is not a contentious matter. There will be no need for an injunction if your client simply did what they were told by the ombudsman – which they will eventually have to do anyway. I'm preparing the form N322 to apply for an ex parte injunction as we speak. Legal proceedings for statutory breaches of FCA regulations and also the Data Protection Act will follow once your clients have complied with the FCA direction – whether they do it voluntarily or they are forced to by the court. So don't come back and say you didn't know about that either.   Regards,
    • By the way, could you give us the actual email address of the motor complaints thing? You seem to have misspelt it twice so far. Can you doublecheck please
    • Incidentally, at the point of sale or on a website or anything, do they make any claims in respect of the so-called arbitration service run by Alex?
    • Well you save it down by printing it to PDF rather than to your printer. Then you attach the PDF file. I suggest that you send a message to Alex telling him that you know damn well that he is linked with the dealers. Warn him now that when it goes to court (when, not – if) that you will also be exposing their fake little independent arbitration scheme to the judge. Telling also that you will be exposing their fake arbitration scheme to the finance company as well. Telling that as far as he's concerned, he should consider that the game is up on this one   In fact you could tell Blue Motor Finance right now that the motor complaints thing is actually a fake arbitration scheme that is run by associates of the dealers. Explain this to the finance company and tell them that this shows what a crowd they have got caught up with – and the quicker they organise your refund the better because of it goes to court, then you will expose their relationship with this operation
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there ,hi just wondering if its worth trying to get my bank charges back off lloyds tsb (the bank that likes to say yes:evil: ) i pay each month £71 for returning dierct debits and £30 for the letter telling me they,ve returned the direct debit which equals £101 per month ,which i cant afford as it is, so when the next month comes round i am £101 down in my account then the all process repeats it self again until i have to borrow money to top up the account using my credit card which also belongs to the tsb,so the payments on the credit card go up , lloyds tsb do very well out of me, so i was wondering how do i go about trying to claim back my charges and do i have a chance of claiming.

thanks steve

Hi Steve

YES you do mate and best thing to do is start by reading the FAQ's and the step by step as this will explain things and you will understand what you will be doing:)

Spend some time reading the forums and the other threads from other users with your bank and you will See how they got on and what the bank try's to do to stop you:(

Follow the info on here and you will be fine BUT DONT RUSH this and ask any questions you may have but do this in your own thread in your banks forum.

Keep to this for all your questions and updates

Good luck mate and ask if your not sure ask as you have a lot of people here to help:)

Good luck and get reading

Welly:)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

I'm in a very similar position, I'm just about to start my claim against Lloydstsb, I'll keep you posred as to how it goes.

Good luck.

Won full amount with interest and charges from LLoydstsb.

Don't be intimidated by these people!

hi lazymonk

i sent a letter to lloyds tsb explaining all about my charges and that they are unlawful and recieved a letter a fortnight later saying they would investigate my charges,since then the usual charges follow but this month they seemed to risen to £180 for the month so im more determinded than ever!, good luck with your claiim these people who work at my tsb branch dont give a dam about you unless youve got thousands to invest then they'll rip you off one way or another. take care steve .

Go get them steve:) Good luck;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have been charged a couple of thousand pounds over the last 6 years, I have been to my bank many times to ask for help and say these are unfair charges, now finally i believe I am going to get some of this back, good work guys!! Thanks for the advice, I am with the Halifax, and really struggled when my baby boy was born, I contacted them before this but they did not care just carried on charging me, I know want to take this as far as I can, I am even willing to go to court if I have to!!

Hi

Its time for both of you to start your own threads in your banks forums and we will all help you and Tergwin follow my advice above and your be fine just ask if you need help:)

welly;)

hi tergwin

go for it , it your money there keeping, after i got a letter from lloyds saying they deemed the charges fair, the letter i got from the bank manager stating how fare the charges were made me want to throw up!. it was pathetic and all it has done has made me more determind than ever, im going to keep going until i get every last penny off these modern day scrooges and im gonna kick that black horses a**e!. cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I have been charged a couple of thousand pounds over the last 6 years, I have been to my bank many times to ask for help and say these are unfair charges, now finally i believe I am going to get some of this back, good work guys!! Thanks for the advice, I am with the Halifax, and really struggled when my baby boy was born, I contacted them before this but they did not care just carried on charging me, I know want to take this as far as I can, I am even willing to go to court if I have to!!

Hi Just joined up and saw this post by Tergwin. I too have been charged just over two grand by the Halifax and have had the same experiences exactly. I have written to them stating I want it all paying back into my account and the have offered 580 quid (an admission of their guilt in my opinion). I am just typing up the letter in which I say no thankyou very much, see you in court! I am determined to go all the way with this as well because there have been countless times when both myself and my hubby have been into the branch to ask for help or leniency due to our circumstances. Admittedly the guy we saw in branch was really good and seemed to be on our side but we still had to talk on their phone to the robots at head office. This phone call ended when we handed the receiver back to the guy and said we weren't getting anywhere with them at all - what did he do.... speak to his colleagues maybe?? No he just slammed the phone down on them in disgust!

Let's give 'em hell. I just can't understand how they can keep charging us 39quid for a non paid item AND 28 quid for being overdrawn because of their charges! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Anyway Hello everyone here, hope I haven't put you off me or frightened you away already with that rant!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to update you, Lloydstsb sent me a very short letter saying "we've told you once, you're not getting your money" or words to that effect. I've been away on business but now i'm back and today i'm starting the court action. Interestingly, as they charged me £170(ish) in charges last month, i went over my limit but got a nice letter saying they weren't going to charge me this month (so much for the company policy which is unchangable).

I'll keep you all posted as to how the court action goes.

Lazymonk,

x

Won full amount with interest and charges from LLoydstsb.

Don't be intimidated by these people!

• 2 years later...

Hi people, I've just started my clai in and am at the second stage of the process. I received a letter the other day from Halifax, stating that they have put my claim on hold and are waiting for the final OFT court hearing. They mentioned that they will get back to me when the courts have reached a decision.

This is really takes the mick, because they are still continuing to charge me interest! PLEASE HELP!

What can I do next to keep the case going?

p.s. great website keep up the good work.

Hi bilu - you need to start your own thread under the Halifax heading. Don't be fobbed off - only a court can put a stay on a claim. Just keep going within the time frames given in the forum and get your claim to court. They (the court) will probably put a stay on it but you will have staked your place in the queue and Halifax can't do a darned thing about it.