Debt passed onto one debt company to another, need advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me out as I'm really confused and don't know where I stand. I'm not sure what my next course of action should be.

I have/had a loan with Northern Rock, it got passed onto Eversheds "Solicitors" :rolleyes: Got lots of threatening letters etc. Wrote to them to stop harrassing me by phone, which they did. Also I wrote to Northern Rock asking for help as I was experiencing financial difficulties (even though I'd told them this COUNTLESS times over the phone!), I also complained to them about their useage of Eversheds. Had NO RESPONSE from them. Letters from Eversheds stopped too. Anyway, 2 weeks ago I had a phonecall from someone at a company called PENINE (debt collectors), they wanted the full balance of my loan (£7810.90 :eek:). Told them didn't have that kind of money and if I did wouldn't I have paid it off by now. Asked them to send me a Statement of Affairs form so could sort a payment plan. They said they would. THEY HAVEN'T. All I got was a letter last week stating that I had 72 hours from date of letter to pay up. Letter was dated 13th, I got it 15th... near on impossible to do.

I digress...what I want to know is, who is my debt with? Northern Rock? Eversheds? Penine? I have no clue, woman I spoke to at Penine said that they'd had the debt passed on to them from Northern Rock. So does that mean Eversheds sent it back to NR?

I really do want to start making payments on this as I really don't want a CCJ, but I'm very reluctant to pay a debt collection company as I don't trust them whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

too right to.

well whatever you do NEVER pay anyone anything until you KNOW they have a legal right to collect.

time to fire off a CCA request to last one that chased.

i'd also STRONGLY recommend NEVER talking on the phone to anyone regarding your debts

do it all in writing only.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi duesbury girl first of all DON'T PANIC!.

You have come to one of the best places ever to get good advice. There is so much that you can do and someone with better knowledge will be along to give you better advice.

First of all have you got a copy of your loan agreement? If so scan it up so the experts can see if is ok or not, there maybe some faults or things in there which may not be correct.

If not give a little more detail of your loan, when it was taken out e.t.c. Also everyone will advise you this and that is to STOP COMMUNICATING WITH THEM ON THE PHONE AND EVERYTHING THEY YOU DO AND THEM SHOULD BE IN WRITING.

Your probabaly feeling quite scared as to all that is happening but your safe now because CAG will look after you.:D

Do you have any arrears? In future what ever you do do it in writing and keep copies, recorded/special delivery.

Ahh dx you beat me to it. I was just going to put the CCA bit in :D, but I got the phone bit right:p

BTW here is a template for a CCA request in case you wanted to know what it is for. When you post it keep proof of the receipt and send it recorded delivery.

Ask your creditor for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Edited by frettful38

Send the letter above recorded delivery, and enclose a £1 postal order...it needs to be sent to whoever owns the debt now - I presume Northern rock still do and Penine are just collecting 'on behalf of'