Land registration problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi don't know if i'm in the right place if not could someone point me i the right direction please , a friend of mine is having a big problem registering a piece of land he bought around 3 years ago , been through a couple of solicitors no success , he has receipts for the purchase of house and land but is still unable to register this land

could some one give me any pointers on what information he would need to supply to get this done ??

thanks for your help

:eek:

Abbey national - letter sent for charge details 26/04/06

Letter sent asking for charges back

12/05/2006

Letter before action sent

24/05/06

claim to be filed on the 13/06/06

Why is he having problems registering the land. Did he not go through a solicitor at the time who would have done this for him.

As wino has given you the link that should start the process. I can help you with the particular form you require but my concern is that did he pay stamp duty at the time for the land or was it exempt otherwise he will have to pay the appropriate stamp duty now which could cost an awful lot more due to penalties imposed - I imagine it will be £200 on top of the stamp duty to be paid. It is/was exempt he would still have to pay the penalty.

The land registry will not register the land until they have the appropriate SDLT5 certificate.

HH

gnasher2000

I do not know about land registry but obviously hammyhound does. If you do not feel free discussing things on an open forum you could send hammyhound a private message so he/she (sorry hammyhound) can help you. If you are ok replying here then it might help others with the same problem later.

I have no problems with pm but if you can leave any personal details out posting on here can sometimes help others.

I do have concerns that as this has been through solicitors with no success I imagine it is a lot more complicated than what you think.

Either way post up with some more detail if poss.

I am not a solicitor BTW and can only give you my opinion but I do have experience in conveyancing matters.

HH