non-important question

labrat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

been looking at the amount of empty stores in my town. wondered if it was worth setting anything up.

looked around we have alot of cheap shops and things like that so not sure where to go.

looked at possibly opening a family entertainment centre, the property ive looked at is 2 floors with a third for storage

the vague idea so far is a family entertainment arcade on the lower floor, 2p 10p and video games, couple of crane machines that sort of thing, a over 18 section (small section tbh i dont agree with that sort of machines but it is needed to draw in the older section), kiddy rides around lift + stairs.

upstairs one of the kids indoor play areas the medium sized multi-level ones you see in many attractions now. around the entrance to that would be a seating area with small bar serving coffee and sandwiches for parents, the other half of the other floor is undecided at the min, may be the small bowl and go alleys (unlikely there is a bowling center in town) or a indoor crazy golf course (possible nothing like this in town).

the third floor being storage and staff areas.

the layout of the lower floor would have the penny pushers (2p and 10p) near the door to encourage the "ill just get rid of the change", the crane machines just beyond that, as they are the "cant hurt to have a go" machines, then the video games and over 18 section beyond those as these are the big draw and i would be using these to draw people past the other machines.

anyway thats the vague theory, point of the thread is i need a better idea of outgoing costs before i consider it.

ive already priced up the cost of small prizes in the 2p and 10p machines which will be changed regually as thats the draw for those machines, ive got prizes priced up for the token collection with some high value ones to encourage people to keep playing.

the location has the output route for 2 schools running past it hence the location

i need ideas of where to get the suppliers for crane machine toys from

i need an idea of the cost of machines, i know most companys do them on a profit share scheme, what i need to know is where to get the pricing of these from

i could also do with a supplier for the play area and the crazy golf

so if anyone does feel like helping feel free, i could do with an idea of:-

- where to get the machines - especially firms that do the profit share schemes

- where to get prizes for crane machines, + the machines themselves

- an idea of where to get the crazy golf equipment, if anyone knows what i mean a bit like the new one in blackpool.

and probably also telling me im an idiot that will never get anywhere with this :), i do try to plot buisnesses out occasionally but ussually find its unprofitable

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I would be rather surprised if you were granted planning permission for this type of outlet. No doubt the current premises would have had either retail or office permissions. Change of use to an amusement arcade is a totally different kettle of fish.

I also have at the back of my mind something about licences being required for this type of premises/machines.

I have just made a phone call to a friend who set up a few childrens play centres you know the ones with ball pools, climbing frames etc. I remember they use to have seperate rooms with amusements in and a cafe for parents. They had one down south, one in Ireland and one in Liverpool .

I rang to see if they would mind me passing their contact info to you. Wish I hadn't now they've just gone bust. They had 6 centres and the biggest overhead was insurance and rent. Their advice is don't do it as they have struggled for a few years now.

They said to think carefully about costs, insurance, gambling licences etc

I'm depressed now :(

will pass on the idea then, was just that a sudden thought

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Planning permissions aren't the main problem these days - being licenced by the council to operate games of 'chace' are becoming harder to get. Do also remember that property owners may well give massive discounts to get someone into their property, but the Commercial Rates will be crippling - this is why charity shops (who are usually exempt) are the only outfits around who can avoid these charges.