Loading & Unloading Exemption

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was given a PCN by camden council for being

'Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours'

Basically i'm not allowed to park outside by house between 8am and 6.30pm.

Time of alledged contravention: 08:07

I am an IT engineer and nearly everyday I load and unload computers (at least 5) into the boot of my car.

On this particular occassion i had started loading at about 8 and made 6 trips up to my house on the third floor. On coming back from one of the trips i saw a warden putting sa ticket on the car. Now he must have seen me unloading the car when i went into my house and slapped the ticket on the car. He didn't say anything when i said i was loading and just walked off.

Now i want to appeal under the loading / unloading exemption but i reckon they will just come with the standard "you left your vehicle unattended". I have looked through various case studies including the 'Jane Packer vs Westminister' case, but can't find anything to really back up my claim.

What does everyone reckon?

Cheers

Jane Packer contains references to the definition of loading covering more than the immediate physical act of loading goods into a vehicle - ie paperwork, travelling in & out of buildings etc etc

If you can provide evidence to support your claim ie invoices relating to pc servicing etc

& check the online images to see if any photos support your arguments