Restons and can't get statement of account

jimbo45

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Unfortunately there is a final charging order on a property - was overseas at the time so too late to do anything about it.

I've been paying Restons a monthly amount for around 8 months ago -- was 200 GBP a month and now considerably more as I'm now working again. In fact the last payment was 1,000 GBP -- I'm finally working and want to get these wretched vermin and purveyors of Human Misery out of my skin as quick as humanly possible.

The dept was an old marbles account for around 10,000 GBP - which should now be around 8,000GBP - but can't verify it since I CAN'T get any statement of account, outstanding balance, breakdown of charges etc.

I KNOW the money has been paid as I have Bank statements.

I'm afraid to stop paying as these vermin once they've got the final CO will go to court at the drop of a hat to force a sale of your house even if you owe as little as 100 GBP.

However if I DO threaten to stop paying on the grounds that no receipts or balances have been received and it goes to court do I have any legs to stand on -- I'm not trying to avoid paying -- I just want the balance and current statement of account after each payment. To date I've had NONE.

The trouble is with a final CO you are on very weak ground.

Incidentally whilst they are a miserable bunch the worst of the lot is the Chief Litigator - can't remember the wretch's name but if I ever see him crossing the road my car will have a sudden case of "Brake failure" (it's legal too).

Mr COE the company director is probably the best person to deal with but these bunch of ba***rds are probably the worst vermin I've ever had to deal with in my entire life and I've been to some dodgy places in the past such as the Oil rigs in Port Harcourt in Nigeria, places in Libya etc etc.

Thanks all.

jimbo

If you never receive the origianal court aperwork then that could be a reason to apply for a set aside of the CCJ and thus the Charging Order would also be set aside.

Have a look at these links -

Setting aside the original CCJ of your CCA

CCJ removal inc. step by step guide

Write again to Restons asking for a statement of account giving them 7 days to reply.

If they fail to reply, then report them to Financial Services Authority and to the Financial Ombudsman Services

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi there

The court stuff is all there including the Interim and final CO's.

-- I was overseas at the time so I couldn't contest anything.

I never got the CCA and SAR of course -- but I assume that its far too late for that.

I'm actually not trying to wriggle out of a debt - but I need to know exactly what's left and what charges are being applied -- as one can contest "unreasonable charges" at any time.

Cheers all.

hi jimbo

please read supasnoopa's link to ccj step by step removal, in there is a list of valid reasons (especially last paragraph) to have this set aside. its not about trying to wriggle out of your debt, its just about a fair fight, i think.

:)

Ok, Others have advised about getting it set aside so I'll leave that... as to getting a balance of account off of them..

Dear Sirs,

Account ref: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I formally request a statement of account from yourselves which is required to show the current as of today outstanding balance and the payments made against that balance so far.

I understand that if you decline to send me said statement you will be in breach of the OFT debt collection guidelines, specifically section 2.2(e) which states :-

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

e. failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status

of debts, for example, not providing requested balance statements when

reasonably requested

Failure to provide me with the statement I have requested will result in a complaint to the OFT.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guy

Even got the REDICULOUS 1600 GBP "Collection charge" reduced to 335 GBP.

How can people get away with TOTALLY OBSCENE amounts of "Collection charges" for almost no work whatsoever - and this is EXCLUSIVE of the court fees they also try to sting you with.

Demanding an "Inventorized Invoice" seems to put the fear of god into these scumbags.

A 1000 plus GBP "Collection charge" is totally out of order and should be made instantly illegal -- even on 100,000 GBP of debt that's 10% of the total which in todays interest rates is absolutely not consistent with the "real cost" of collection.

The debt I was being hassled for is around 8,000 GBP.

THe whole process of DCA and debt collection needs a MAJOR OVERHAUL - but I don't suppose "Gordon Clown" who was meant to be the most "successful" and "intelligent" chancellor ever (what a stupid joke that was) has any idea of how this stuff actually operates.

It's no coincidence that EVERYONE who works in this industry are really low lifes.

I now publish the names of the people who are hassling me plus their Car numbers and addresses on the Internet now.

If their cars are disabled with "sugar in the petrol tanks" or other sanctions -- then not my problem.

These guys also "tittle tattle" to Experian, Equifax etc. So I 'm doing what is LEGAL -- give their details out over the public Internet. They give out MY details so I'm just doing the same - giving out THEIR details.

Cheers

jimbo

It is against the Office of Fair Trading guidelines on debt collection to charge a collection fee for a debt....so ask Restons to remove the rest of it.

If they won't, report them to the Office of Fair Trading !

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.