OMG ... The Saga Continues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well ... hi there folks, have you missed me? - ;) I am back again with the same problem-ish. My Freelander from Carcraft, Lakeside.

This thread refers to my original problem Head Gasket. I am still having problems with that gasket. On the 9th of May I put the vehicle in for repair (new cycinder head gasket) as the link above shows.

Sometime later after I eventually got the car back, after about 7 weeks I might add, I am of the firm belief that they kept it there so that the warranty would expire on the head gasket, which the daft woman inadvertantly in Lakeside let slip was their plan when I called them up to inform them that the engine was now playing up, it was shuddering on tick over, missfiring, and acting like there was water in the engine and also the front brake pads were scraping, all repairs BTW were to be done under NAC.

So I took the Freelander over to Lakeside and left it there on 13th August, for personal reasons I had to leave it there until the following Monday, 17th August. Seems they had done some bits to the engine, fuel and engine flush thing ???, plus the TLC service.

And this is where the fun begins ...

On arrival at carcraft, I was asked to pay for the things not included in the NAC and asked to wait out the front of the place to wait while the drove my car round for me.

I stood around outside for about 7-8 mins, then the daft woman comes over to me with my Radio Antennae (get this) she said "Sorry Sir but this (the Antennae) was lying beside your car round the back"

She proceeded to spout a load of Balderdash about one of the salespersons had removed it (while my car was parked out the back) to fix it on another car that was due to go off to auction (it seems they are allowed to do that) and that they had another antennae and mounting in the back they could replace straight away, and daft woman asked me to wait while it was done.

And an even bigger load of Balderdash was that the parking area for cars going off to auction had been changed and nobody told anyone about it, WHAT UTTER NONSENSE.

After approx 1 hour i got fed up with waiting. so i ventured over to ther autocenter where daft woman works to get an up date. I questioned her again as to the circumstances of the delay and she re-itterated the jackanory about the salesperson removing the antennae. I explained to her that I need to get back to Kent and daft woman then jumped up and shot out the back, in a bit if a huff it seems, she returned some moments later, "your car is ready, I will drive it round for you". So I once again went to the front of the premises and waited.

Daft woman then appeared with my Freelander, stating, and get this; "it's running perfect on tick over now". Before I pulled away I took a look that the antennae and mounting to see what they had done. And Lo and Behold there was no sign of the mounting being replaced as far as I could see the antennae she showed me was my original one and all I had to do was tighten it back up on it's mounting.

and ... not done yet !!

I got home ok. BUT!!! this morning Wednesday 19/08/2009 while driving to work I stopped at red traffic lights (as you do) and GUESS WHAT?

Me Flamin' engine started shuddering again ON TICK over fer gawd sake, AND !!! after carcrafts full re assurance : the bloody brake pads are still scraping !!!.

Conclusion:

Why do these people at carcraft keep using these delaying tactics, they held my car back for over 5 weeks when they replaced the cylinder head gasket, a ploy so that the warranty would expire, they know something then I feel. They uses delaying tactics again !! when I called in for the car last week.

Daft woman actually thought I believed her nonsense about the salesperson. which some interesting questions:

1. Are the parking area's marked out?

2. Are the salespersons supervised out there?

3. Are customer vehicles really safe out the back of the workshop.

4. When am I goin' to get a full satisfaction from carcraft and an engine that runs properly?

I am as of now looking to find a firm of legal people who have the bottle to take on carcraft, it seems that a lot of firms won't do it, dunno why. Failing that, I shall contact a motoring magazine to see if they can arrange a vehicle inspector to look my engine over and test it. Then again there is always Nikki Campbells program 'Watchdog'; I am now at the stage where I feel I have nothing to loose by going to these people.

Well folks ... time to go methinks, hope you have enjoyed my little tale of woe and maybe I will hear from someone soon.

Regards

Geoff.

P.S.

I wonder if I will get another phone call from a girl in carcraft offering me another like for like Freelander swap - LOL

In the end, what we regret most, are the chances we never Took

hope you have enjoyed my little tale of woe

Only if you enjoyed telling it. :Cry:

The time has now come to take firm action. Don't worry about any warranty, besides the fact that they are just extras and (they hope) a selling point, this is an ongoing problem so will not time expire.

You really need to take it somewhere for an expert examination to determine exactly what is causing the problem so you are certain of what you say to them.

You could then take it back to them and give them one last chance to put it right in accordance with the report, a copy of which you will give them, give them a time limit of 14 days, and enphasise this time limit, and tell them that any failure to make a satisfactory repair will mean you take it to a garage that has 'real' mechanics and will send them the bill. Failure of payment of the bill 'will' result in you in a claim through the courts.

You should put this in writing and if you are not afraid to face them, then take it in and hand it over in person and get a receipt of delivery.

Can someone explain the use of italics, bold italics, bold underlined italics, capitalisation, bold capitalisation, upper-case, bold upper-case, underlined mid sentence, bold capitalised mid sentence, bold upper-case mid sentence. Incorrect use of brackets, quotation marks and exclamation marks. Minor header in italics.

Crikey

Hammy :)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.