What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have the same problem as myself Jan. . . Rotator Cuff injury.

What painkillers have you got? I tried stong co-codamol but they make me sick and didn't do very much for the pain. I'm now taking my dad's Diclofenic that do seem to ease it and don't make me sick.

I know I should've gone to the doctor's really but I couldn't get dressed! I'll go Monday if its not better as these diclofenic are easing it enough to be able to get shower, dressed etc.

I don't know if its pulled muscle, trapped nerve or what.

Jan

I have some Diclofenic too. Its a bit less painful today..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I have some Diclofenic too. Its a bit less painful today..

Have you had it about a week now?

If I take two difolenic it eases it but one doesn't do much. Sounds like I have got same as you.

My dad has difloenic for gout - came in handy!

Jan

One up from Nurofen - Dichlofenic should be prescibed - so the doc's have that note on ur records - not good u take it on someone else's script - look after urself xx

Hi

Do you mean Nurofen make diclofenic? Must be what the "fen" means!

I know I shoud go docs and I will on Monday, I really couldn't go sooner though as I was in agony and couldn't get dressed.

Jan

Incompetent DMC employees coming on here demanding help for a client and claiming not working on behalf of company------bloody moonlighting then!!!!!

Me too!!:mad:

Why should people get paid for advice that people give on CAG for free?!!!!

Sorted now.;)

And while I'm at it....

.... jobs being advertised to comply with company equal ops "policy", when it's already been decided who will get it. Not to mention leaving a vacancy in a post when someone else has just been made redundant and was virtually doing the same job.:mad:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

Do you mean Nurofen make diclofenic? Must be what the "fen" means!

I know I shoud go docs and I will on Monday, I really couldn't go sooner though as I was in agony and couldn't get dressed.

Jan

Nurofen is a brand name of Iburpofen. It's a good over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drug (NSAID) used for pain, inflammation, painfull periods, migraine and fever in children. Ibuprofen packaged by supermarkets are the same product as Nurofen but alot cheaper!

Diclofenac (Voltarol is the brand name) is also a NSAID used for the relief of pain and inflammation in rheumatic disease and other musculoskeletal disorders, gout and post-op pain.

NSAID's are contra-indicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Aspirin or suffer from Asthma.

Side effects include gastro-intestinal discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea. Advisable to take with food or milk.

Paracetamol is a good all-round analgesia and works well with Ibuprofen and Diclofenac when taken on a regular basis short term to relieve pain.

Edited by Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Angela Knight on Sky News this morning. Not the person i want to wake up next to. . :rolleyes:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Warning: This one's a bit of an essay, but I need to let off some steam

Where do I start?

I volunteer at an Arts Centre, helping with the bar, doing the mailing list, that sort of thing.

Anyway, the centre has had a bit of a financial bombshell, and the centre manager called a meeting of all the volunteers to see if anyone had any ideas for fundraising.

The first thing that made me swear was when he started taliking about the centre's outgoings, and he was asked how much we're paying for electric and whether we were on a meter for water. His answer was "dunno".

Surely if we've got money worries, that's the first thing you find out!!

Later he starts changing the subject and mentions that he needs help with what he does (which seeing as he's the only guy there who's paid is fair enough). However, when somebody asked him exactly what he needed help with, all he could say was "...er everything".

I had to feign a fag break and go out and let out a few expletives... :mad:

I get back, and he starts talking about how hard it is to co-ordinate volunteers, not an easy task, I'll admit, but he really p***ed me off by saying "there was a volunteer social in December and hardly any of you turned up".

I can understand the guy's frustration, but surely the meaning of the word "volunteer" means you're giving your time because you want to and also because you can... There's going to be those times when you can't bloody be there!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Essay over, but he really made my blood boil

Four numbers on the lottery for the first time since it started all them years ago (Never missed a week).

Payout £29.00 :confused::mad: Is that a joke?

I wouldn't mind, but I had the first 4 numbers drawn.

5 numbers only paid £588.00, it just gets lower all the time.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Nurofen is a brand name of Iburpofen. It's a good over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drug (NSAID) used for pain, inflammation, painfull periods, migraine and fever in children. Ibuprofen packaged by supermarkets are the same product as Nurofen but alot cheaper!

Diclofenac (Voltarol is the brand name) is also a NSAID used for the relief of pain and inflammation in rheumatic disease and other musculoskeletal disorders, gout and post-op pain.

NSAID's are contra-indicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Aspirin or suffer from Asthma.

Side effects include gastro-intestinal discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea. Advisable to take with food or milk.

Paracetamol is a good all-round analgesia and works well with Ibuprofen and Diclofenac when taken on a regular basis short term to relieve pain.

Thanks Nightowl. I have had phases of migraines so am used to buying the over the counter painkillers and I know the cheap ones are just the same ingredients. Price difference is unbelievable!

I just hadn't come across Diclofenic before - it's done the trick anyway, shoulder pain is easing and I managed to wash my hair for the first time in 6 days today. :)

Just need to get my sleep patterns back to normal now. :(

Jan

Hi Jan4A and all you other guys,

Please, Please, Please BE CAREFUL about taking Diclofenac prescribed or otherwise. N.I.C.E. designated it a toxic and dangerous drug in July 2008 if memory serves correctly.

There are a number of people, I am one, who are susceptible to some very serious side effects of this drug. In my own case it stripped and weakened the muscles on the left hand side of my heart leaving me with heart failure. I had been properly prescribed this drug for my arthritis and the pain of a false joint. Nothing showed up at all until I was on the verge of total collapse.

SO I URGE BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT TAKE IT FOR LONG PERIODS!!

regards

oilyrag.

Hi Oilyrag

Thanks for warning. I did look it up on BUPA factsheets first and noticed it is known to cause heart problems. I am sorry you were affected by it.

I will stop taking it now as my shoulder is easing, I only took it for 5 days. My dad takes it for gout but usually only for 2 days every couple of months or so.

Were you taking it for a long time?

Jan

What painkillers have you got? I tried stong co-codamol but they make me sick and didn't do very much for the pain. I'm now taking my dad's Diclofenic that do seem to ease it and don't make me sick.

I know I should've gone to the doctor's really but I couldn't get dressed! I'll go Monday if its not better as these diclofenic are easing it enough to be able to get shower, dressed etc.

I don't know if its pulled muscle, trapped nerve or what.

Jan

oohh i've had mine since november, maybe I should have seen a doc by now! i was hoping it would heal itself, only hurts now if i lift my arm above my head

Eldest son woke up with tremendous pain in his shoulder last night. Ended up in A&E. He had an X-ray and was told it was dislocated and the Doctor would be back soon to put it right.

It was nearing four hours since he arrived and the Nurse in charge told us that he needed to be treated before the four hour deadline for the NHS targets to be met.

The Doctor was too busy with more serious cases so with only 5 minutes to spare he was given a sling and told to come back on Wednesday as an out patient. I said we didn't mind waiting for the Doctor and I was told it doesn't work that way.

Where does the Governments targets for the NHS take into account the well being of the patients?

Eldest son woke up with tremendous pain in his shoulder last night. Ended up in A&E. He had an X-ray and was told it was dislocated and the Doctor would be back soon to put it right.

It was nearing four hours since he arrived and the Nurse in charge told us that he needed to be treated before the four hour deadline for the NHS targets to be met.

The Doctor was too busy with more serious cases so with only 5 minutes to spare he was given a sling and told to come back on Wednesday as an out patient. I said we didn't mind waiting for the Doctor and I was told it doesn't work that way.

Where does the Governments targets for the NHS take into account the well being of the patients?

That's disgraceful! Contact your MP at once and make a complaint to the NHS as well.

This morning had headache, wanting to be sick dizzyness and just wanting to sleep. the only person effected.

Everytime l went into our bedroom all i wanted to do was be sick and get an instant headache.

Council have been out and pulled the boiler apart, this is in a cupboard in the bedroom that l was sleeping in and causing the problems. Noting wrong with boiler. Checked rads for probs. Noting wrong. Checked water again nothing. Every check the council done nothing came up. They even stood on a ladder looking round the room??

Now the headaches have stopped the sickness has stopped and every other symptom has stop as misterily as they arrived. Drs has said dont know whats up done tests as iam anemic as the dizzyness and sleep issue could be part of that. iam not pregnant as they done that test. No i was not drunk as i drunk no alcohol in weeks and basically the Council and Drs are scratching there head.

Spoke to a mum at the school who said could it to be with the feng shui of the room, threw gritted teeth l said dont think so as l would have had the problems when l moved in rather than just now.

Sensible suggestions please.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Wino,

I can't believe that. They sent your son with a dislocated shoulder? Apart from the complaints Babybear has suggested I suggest you call the press too. Absolutely outrageous.

GM,

Hope you stay feeling better. It could have just been a virus, and if it doesn't come back that's probably what it was. Years ago I woke up with numbness in one hand which was very worrying. Went to A&E, they didn't know what it was. GP sent me for tests. When I went back to see him a few days later my hand was totally normal, and he said he had seen seven other cases since me - I was the first one. Weird - but a virus. xx

I am a lot better just seems strange its only that room and up till 1159 this mornign.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you feel okay in the morning, it's probably one of those odd viruses. If you feel lousy having slept in there, there's probably a problem with the boiler.

(However as it stopped at just one minute before noon, that is spooky :eek: and it's probably the effects of the rays from the intergalactic DCAs we were talking about earlier - they must have paid you a visit in the night. :eek::eek::eek:)

Hope you have a good night's sleep and feel great in the morning.

Love,

DDxx

So that's how they keep their waiting lists down!

It is a complete disgrace and I hope you will do what others suggested and complain, contact the local press and your MP.

He must have been in agony.

Jan

and furthermore the longer it remains dislocated more damage will be done to the tendons

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.