• Tweets

• There is so much wrong with their WS. You stopped for a very short time yet she seems to equate that as being parked! That flies in the face of what parking means. There have been several cases in Court where Judges have defined the meaning of parked. Not one of them describes it as stopping for a few minutes with the engine running and the driver remaining in the vehicle. And why on earth is POFA being included on s28? The airport comes under Byelaws and that land is specifically not covered by POFA. Then on s30 she cites  Parking Eye v Beavis talking aboiut establishing a contract between the parking company and the motorist to park! then from s33 to s40 they are trying to bamboozle the Court by trying to minimise the effect of the Byelaws.It is the borough of Southend on Sea that decides the rules there- https://d1z15fh6odiy9s.cloudfront.net/files/sen-byelaws-1983-297c76b8. S12 and s13 confirm that the signs erected by the Council are the ones to be observed. You can also use the Forum search box and cases that have been won against VCS above. s46 The claimant submits the signs are not prohibitive!  The dictionary description of" Prohibitive"- (of a law or rule) forbidding or restricting something.  If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...Is she dumb or what. s47 Further misdirection-this is nothing to do with parking s48 refers to the" lawful occupier" not the landowner which is Southend Council.  I end up going back to s5 which gives the impression that VCS complies totally with  their Code of Practice and therefore you, the motorist must be guilty. yet Time and time again VCS loses in Court because they have not complied with their CoP. The Parking Prankster indicates some of them.  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/02/ and in the case below they took someone to Court knowing that they did not have the right to take this person to Court at all. http://nebula.wsimg.com/e3da92cb966c72de63ec1f98605c2954?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1   VCS v Ms O C8DP9D8C Birmingham 1/8/2017 this was taking a motorist to Court  when the contract for the car park was down to Excel. VCS have lost many cases in Court knowing that they did not have the right to sue as there was no contract between them and motorists-total breach of their CoP and should have put their ability to access motorists data  were it not for the weakness of DVLA and the IPC. VCS v Ms M. 3QZ53955 25/01/2016 Claim discontinued. Costs awarded to motorist. as above-masquerading as Excel yet again.
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Hi   Welcome to CAG   Please be patient I am sure others will be along to offer you there wisdom.   Looking after someone else's child: https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-someone-elses-child   Can I also say that you should be proud at taking the children on and looking after them due to the circumstances for such a long time.        
    • it means that the bundle going to the court is ONE BUNDLE, from BOTH of you and it must be with the court 48hrs before the hearing. so your WS needs to be sent to their solicitors only.   pers i'd wait theirs , its their responsibilty to ensure the deadline of a single bundle to the court issent. all you do iss tate yours is ready please forward me your WD and i will reciprocate, but don't as we need to see theirs to form yours or more importantly fine tune it.   there are 2 email ad's on the court letter have you sent an email yet to the correct one with your phone/email details regarding the hearing ASAP.  
    • The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 820 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They might be able to go in plain clothes and not their uniform?

2 pets given up so far, hopefully the rest will be soon. My friend has now got a place to call home and feels a little more safe and secure.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK what made me angry today....inconsiderate neighbor who decided to have a heated discussion outside at 4:00 this morning, disturbed my sleep and now i feel grotty!

finding I have something called Delta search, looked in my programs and can not locate it so no idea how to get rid of it, swear blind my pc has a mind of it's own!

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nosey *$#%$$ Sis-in-law making enquiries on my behalf and getting advice for me, when I neither asked, wanted or needed her to... She works in a hospital non medical, but of course is qualified in all avenues of NHS including funding .... ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

scotgal 

Going around in circles with uni regarding stuff. I am not sure what part of "I really need help else I am going to be forced to leave my course" they don't understand. Although part of that is the fault of the NHS.

At least this course has taught me how to read an Act of Parliament, which I am going to have to quote in my letter to the PCT.

Doctors receptionists who think they can decide whether something is urgent or not. I never said it was. She then said "well that's not an emergency is it?" Since when were they trained to decide what an emergency is?

A certain DCA (MMF) who will not stop phoning and texting 'We are sending an agent to your property" Well, the debt is not owed, they cannot tie me into the address they have (over 9 years old) and I still have not had their complaints procedure requested in early February.

This lot are going to get my little great nephew singing French nursery rhymes down the phone if they are not careful....

being moderated by the looks of things ahhh well free speach blah blah blah

burlyb

Many of the online sites where you may think "free speech" is protected, you actually don’t have the same right to free speech that you would in a truly public forum. This is true of Facebook, Twitter, and pretty much all the major social media sites I’m aware of. Review their Terms of Service and see for yourself. While it may seem that you’re entitled to free speech just the same as you would in a public forum. Some online services are quite liberal when it comes to restricting your free speech rights, while others are more restrictive. We aim to be around a long time and have to constantly be careful about what we say.

This isn’t some draconian conspiracy. It’s largely a matter of business realities. Creating and managing a highly social website isn’t free. If someone is going to go to the trouble to host and maintain such a community, especially one that may become very popular, they want to make sure they have enough control over the management of the site to fulfill their reasons for building the community in the first place. Unbridled free speech can easily degrade the quality of a community and run afoul of the site owner’s agenda. Allowing unbridled free speech on this website would be a very bad idea. It’s easy enough to predict what would happen because I know what our moderators deal with on a daily basis, and I’ve seen what happens to other forums that have done that. Within a few months, the site would be overrun by spammers and marketers looking to promote their wares. Hope you understand the reasons for moderating some posts and threads.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Many of the online sites where you may think "free speech" is protected, you actually don’t have the same right to free speech that you would in a truly public forum. This is true of Facebook, Twitter, and pretty much all the major social media sites I’m aware of. Review their Terms of Service and see for yourself. While it may seem that you’re entitled to free speech just the same as you would in a public forum. Some online services are quite liberal when it comes to restricting your free speech rights, while others are more restrictive. We aim to be around a long time and have to constantly be careful about what we say.

This isn’t some draconian conspiracy. It’s largely a matter of business realities. Creating and managing a highly social website isn’t free. If someone is going to go to the trouble to host and maintain such a community, especially one that may become very popular, they want to make sure they have enough control over the management of the site to fulfill their reasons for building the community in the first place. Unbridled free speech can easily degrade the quality of a community and run afoul of the site owner’s agenda. Allowing unbridled free speech on this website would be a very bad idea. It’s easy enough to predict what would happen because I know what our moderators deal with on a daily basis, and I’ve seen what happens to other forums that have done that. Within a few months, the site would be overrun by spammers and marketers looking to promote their wares. Hope you understand the reasons for moderating some posts and threads.

Having to read this and not understanding a word of it, ( tight text, try line spacing ),

But understanding the spirit of the message would love to know what was moderated.

@Sillygirl1,

when are you going to put them out of their misery?

Illegitimi non carborundum

What made me really swear today?

finding out that my company has just taken over the service contract for 2000 pc based pieces of equipment that were obsolete 2 years ago but now I'm expected to know everything about them and fix them with a glance of my magic eye or wave my magic fingers over them and all is well.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've been swearing at the snow the last 2 days :-x ... it is supposed to be SPRING!!! This time last year I was in the garden sunbathing. It would be handy if we could attach the UK to a couple of tugs boats and have ourselves pulled to somewhere off the coast of Portugal. :)

I've been swearing at the snow the last 2 days :-x ... it is supposed to be SPRING!!! This time last year I was in the garden sunbathing. It would be handy if we could attach the UK to a couple of tugs boats and have ourselves pulled to somewhere off the coast of Portugal. :)

government fatcats would put a stop to that.

Can see taxes for that type of luxury.

F****in Jobhunting... grrr! :-x

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

know that feeling ajax, went for an interview over a week ago, go same crap as always, will let you know either way, yeah right, not heard anything.it does not take them 5 mins to say yes or no, tried phoning and all I get is, sorry the number you have called is not reconised!

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I know... not good. I had an agency ring me yesterday offering me some evening work only for them to cancel it a minute into the call.

What's the betting when I ring them later on today they'll be saying "There's nothing. I'm really sorry."

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful