What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many different numbers that blocking them is going to make no difference at all.

Should've tried Purple Bricks! Maybe renting though. I was thinking Nysti that any num that shows in your phone log which is not a named contact, you could pick out and block or block straight after you see a rogue num. Hope he gets a new home soon or changes his mind for you:-D

companies that make bespoke items of clothing that then dont fit but expect you to pay the balance ( a massive amount, it is a wedding dress) before they will alter it properly but cant do it for another 3 months. Well, if I am paying the balance I want to take the item away and bring it back when you can do the work so that way I know it is covered by insurance and exactly where it is all the time

• 2 months later...

Been having trouble using my card over the last week. Finally managed to get into town why this was. I was told another card had been ordered and he couldn't tell me anything more.

My card has been compromised.

Having checked my emails, it turns out I'd ordered something with a dodgy company. Couple things that are a bit weird - order was February and I've changed cards since.

going into a photographic shop to buy photography consumables only to be told we stopped seeling them ages ago but would you like to see out new line of handbags?

I was shopping for a Handbag for my sister, never knew there were so many :)

or should it be there was so many ? :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

neither, it shld be are so many :)

:-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

you try typing when you have multiple sclerosis. I can assure you that any sort of physical co-ordination is very difficult so hitting the key one letter away from the intended one is pretty good for me.

Funnily enough, the regular contributors here seem to have got used to it and dont go round making a meal of peoples grammar or spelling even when they dont know the background of the poster.

Still at least I didnt hoist myself by my own petard.

This post, because of spelling and grammar mistakes. :-)

Surely should read "this post because of mistakes in spelling and grammar"

last night, caller from a DCA for a person who has never lived at my address, they claimed they were given it as a work address. Yeah right, perhaps I run a factory in my garage. That still doesnt fulfil the requirements for debt collection activity. Luckily for them my wife answered or they would be looking for a dentist this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

adverts

switched on the radio, adverts.

tv on, adverts. changed channel, adverts.

they all are at the same time re the tv.

adverts all the time, and they are stupid ads.

went on a beeb channel. no adverts but not much worth watching, despite the fee.

at least attenborough is having a whale of a time. fair play.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

todays is an odd one. A supermarket opened about 3 years ago near to a well established newsagents and now the neswagent has closed down but the new shop, having succeeded in taking all of the business has failed to stock enough neqwspapers to cover the demand from the closed shop. I now have to walk 2 miles to get a paper but shall be doing my shopping whilst I am out and will probably continue to do so rather than risking a fruitles journey.

wnet to my local supermarket today for newspaper- sold out again (3 out of last 4 days because locla McColls shut down and they didnt ordr enough papers to make up for the shortfall) so walked a mile to next supermarket to get paper. i was behind a gentlemen who bougt £8 worth of groceries including some reduced price cherries for a quid. The bar code wouldnt scan and nor would the tillaccept the 32 digit stock code so supervisor called. took 6 minutes to make the sale go trhough. i told them after 3 minute to just give the bloke the cherries as it would be cheaper than the cost of sorting the problem. Well, they smiled at me and carried on regardless. my calculations are that the staff time spent on this was 80p for an item that will have been sold at near cost anyway. iwas right, woulf have been cheaper for the store to give them to him and get on with serving someone else. i shant be going back in a hurry as I can use the wasted 6 minutes to walk to the next shop

Dryers dying

It's 27 years old and owes nothing but it's the same week my glasses snapped

Now do I get a new one or just rewire it again

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Dryers dying

It's 27 years old and owes nothing but it's the same week my glasses snapped

Now do I get a new one or just rewire it again

maybe rewire/renew the glasses first before rewiring the dryer :)

My Sharp Microwave turntable no longer working but the microwave still does :/

Been a fab Microwave and never let me down till now, have had it a few years!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 3 weeks later...

had to post. :)

an item on beebs headline news about an actress breaking a leg whilst skiing!

wtf, who gives a crap about that.

sad state of society that that makes it on as headline/main news.

and tonight on telly we will have the Oscars ceremony. This follows on from the BAFTAS and BRITs and god knows how many more awards shindigs for actors and the like.

Why dont they televise the British Parking Association "clamper of the year" ceremonies or other trade association events? People get paid lots of money for acting when they get to the oscars level so an equivalent may be the CBI's "most money grubbing chairman of a PLC" awards as they all seem to live on a merry-go-round where failure is rewarded better than success by a good few million.

I watched a film on telly last night that if I had gone to the cinema to watch I would have walked out halfway through and demanded a refund. I certainly dont want to see the same people walking on stage and telling me that they spnet the last 10 years making millions out of Miramax and now dont want anything to do with it and knew all along Harvey was a menace to innocent millionaires, well, send the money and awards back then you bunch of hypocrites.

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added paragraphs. Content unchanged.