What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you did not want to know about politics on CAG !

We know you love the Labour party really and have a shrine in your dragon cave dedicated to Corbyn ! :-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I do not want politics on here but seems it was ignored! Yeah sure I love the awful Labour party, . I am really fed up of coming here and seeing people falling out with each other, and mainly all over politics :/

No more to be said, this Dragon is now extinct!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I was warned in November 2014 that one of the few medications I could take, has a lot of side effects. Some of which are tolerable and others are just horrible. Anyway, I spent some of last year rather ill due to some of the side effects. Strangely, if you give me 2 x 25mg, I don't get a certain side effect; but if you give me a 50mg tablet, I get that certain side effect. One I can't tolerate and had a right panic over, knowing I could make myself very ill over it.

Anyway, had an ENT appointment today and he asks what conditions I have and what medication I take. He looks up this medication and tells me it causes hearing problems. I now have to look at reducing it.

everyone talking politics, the EU, etc, etc, what happened to helping people and having a laugh? I am so angry right now, does not help that 10 years ago today we laid my granddaughter to rest :(

Realising I've rubbed ibuprofen gel on broken skin. Ouch!

Yes, that would make me swear as well :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet, but the Glasgow traffic will sort that out this afternoon :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Sinus pain. Also full of snot. Lovely. (don't have a cold - I've got pain relief which I put my nose)

I was the same and I can recommend a product, I've never recommended a product before, but I bought this one and it actually works - Sudafed sinus.

I've tried most things over the years and none of them really give relief but Sudafed does.

I was the same and I can recommend a product, I've never recommended a product before, but I bought this one and it actually works - Sudafed sinus.

I've tried most things over the years and none of them really give relief but Sudafed does.

Which the chemist won't sell me due to having asthma. Not even allowed ibuprofen!

Which the chemist won't sell me due to having asthma. Not even allowed ibuprofen!

Perhaps you need to speak to your GP about this. I know people who have asthma and use sudafed !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Getting unwanted phones calls from someone saying they are phoning in regard to windows on my computer! I am ex-directory as well.

This time after he said who it was I asked politely, this is the maternity home is your wife in labour, he quickly hung up!

When my brother had one of these, he played him along.

"Oh dear", he said, "what do I do" ?

He was given a url to type in and then asked what he saw

He replied "Micky mouse and Donald Duck", and then all excited "oh I love Donald Duck"

They didn't twig though, they said he must have typed in the address wrong and to listen carefully.

So he did it again and this time yelled down the phone "oh it's Yogi Bear, I love Yogi Bear even more than Donald Duck"

They did catch on this time and put the phone down on him.

being told at the Doctors surgery when trying to get an urgent appointment for my granddaughter, no appointments till April!

They did get someone to phone my daughter and we finally got her to see someone, good job, her temp is sky high, has a throat infection and infection in both ears :(

being told at the Doctors surgery when trying to get an urgent appointment for my granddaughter, no appointments till April!

They did get someone to phone my daughter and we finally got her to see someone, good job, her temp is sky high, has a throat infection and infection in both ears :(

And they have the gall to ask why so many people are turning up at A&E

exactly, was prepared to take her to a walk in centre if they had not seen her, she is very poorly, only 2 years old

We can currently only get same day appointments. I once tried to do that and was told by a non-medically trained receptionist that being chronically dehydrated isn't serious (ok, we'll ignore drinking 4 litres of water on the Saturday, despite it not being that hot) and it can't possibly be the medication I'm on. It says on the leaflet to be seen urgently if you've got issues with drinking. Drinking too much in such a short period (hence my concern) is actually pretty serious.

Vanish does not work any how nor does aerial, I have yet to find anything that works as it claims!

What made me swear was the bombings, hijacked plane and arguments in here :(

Places that take forever to make decisions and leave folks hanging...

People who go into a blind panic when their GP surgery closes over a long weekend (use Out of Hours if it's urgent folks...)

People with next to no spatial awareness when driving - if it's confusing when there's another car on the road, please give your licence back to a local friendly police officer.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

And they have the gall to ask why so many people are turning up at A&E

Why? Because people clog the appointments with self-limiting viral illnesses / coughs and colds / upset tummy for 24 hours because it's an 'emergency' and if the receptionist dare ask the reason for the appointment so that the GP/Nurse who's triaging the appointments can assign them properly then they're labelled dragons. When, the people we need to see, like the little girl with an infection waits behind someone who's feeling better today but didn't want to cancel their appointment. It's funny really, this reluctance to divulge; seeing as in every other healthcare setting people seem happy to divulge information to the: dental receptionist, Ambulance call handler, A&E reception, OOH clerk etc etc

Primary care is changing, rapidly and as much as I'd love to provide appointments for everyone within moments of their call there simply isn't the number of GP's available to do this. We need to triage calls, we need to ensure that people use the services correctly, we need to ensure that people see the appropriate person and not just a GP because it's what they've always done. We're working hard to embed other health professionals in the practice, hurt your back - see a physiotherapist and take over the counter analgesia (all the GP is likely to do is prescribe it and refer you to physio anyway), need a medication review - there's a fully qualified pharmacist; so on and so forth.

Some of the A&E reports we get are utterly scandalous wastes of resource and completely inappropriate use of a vital service. That makes me swear - lots...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.