What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Southern Gas and Thames Water.

Southern Gas do some digging next door and break a water pipe. Thames Water dragging their feet about fixing it. In the meantime we've had no water for 24 hours.... not good!

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/get-in-touch/3017.htm

It isnt the easiest site to navigate, but you might find something in their Code of Practice download and I think there is a 24 hour hotline/helpline.

If your water supply is interrupted then I think they are required to at least provide you with bottled drinking water.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/get-in-touch/3017.htm

It isnt the easiest site to navigate, but you might find something in their Code of Practice download and I think there is a 24 hour hotline/helpline.

If your water supply is interrupted then I think they are required to at least provide you with bottled drinking water.

Ta. Landlord rang them yesterday. Unfortunately I used to work for Thames back in the late 90s and they were rubbish even then...

Rang them, they claimed they'll have someone out. We'll see

Edited by ajax95

Bloody trains:

Checked train time yesterday before leaving and it said there's a train at 2206 and another at 2208. Got to the station at 2200. Train for 2206 delayed due to "speed restrictions" - seriously? Train for 2208 cancelled.

Train finally came at 2243 - the time I was meant to be back home. A 1 hour journey took almost 2 hours.

anyone know how to contact Amazon please, looked on their site and there is nowhere to complain, I ordered a trolly jack from them, had email to say it had been dispatched and could track it, well tracked it and today found it was delivered apprantly to me and left in my porch! I do not have a porch, the carrier is Yodel, so someone has them self a nice new trolly jack

Have contacted Yodel but not holding out much hope

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

thanks Nystagmite, it was delivered on December 3rd, but where to no idea, other stuff had from Amazon arrived, have emailed Yodel, had no refund, nothing, no houses here have a porch either, all newish houses

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Amazon always ring you if needed. Just need to log into your Amazon account, then scroll down to the bottom of the page. There is a section on the right hand side that says "Let us help you". The bottom option in that list is 'HELP'. After clicking that, there will be a section on the right hand side of the screen that says 'Contact Us'. Just follow the instructions from there.

I have had to use this on a few occassions, and I give Amazon their due, they are really good at helping and seem to bend over backwards to sort any problems.

Let us know if it went ok Bobcat.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

thank you SOD 'EM for some reason that is not on my account, I found the help button but it just takes me to my orders, will go and check again

Do you know which DCA it was?

Hi BB, They said they were from BW legal and wanted to give me a letter personally but my OH just said I wasn't available.

Just reading recent threads and its likely to be Lowells, I'll get a thread started when I have any more info

Hi BB, They said they were from BW legal and wanted to give me a letter personally but my OH just said I wasn't available.

Just reading recent threads and its likely to be Lowells, I'll get a thread started when I have any more info

Have you posted a thread in the debt collection forum?

Vodafone...

After 7 days of no Blackberry Internet Service they have finally admitted that due to a change over in severs I or my Blackberry is not at fault and they have finally got me switched back on - and a nice compo package as well :)

But swear today? For the last 7 days I have been swearing, being put through to foreign call centre's & promised it would be sorted when there was not a hope in hell it would have been.

Got through to a closer foreign call centre (Scotland) where a lady tried to sort my phone, could not and then transferred me to a closed Department!!!!

Thank you to a Vodafone shop in North Yorkshire where I spent the best part of 3 hrs of my day today but I now have Blackberry Internet Service :):):):)

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi BB how are you ? Hi Dotty I forced DLC into a corner and HMRC made then stop their action against me due to they were going to purger themselves and HMRC....dlc are sick as chocolate frogs about MY slapdown on them they must be fuming that most of my advice about how to block debt collector's came from youtube and snippest on here.....they must have been sh-tting and stamping in it when HMRC dropped them ha ha ha ....or should that be hohoho

Hi BB how are you ? Hi Dotty I forced DLC into a corner and HMRC made then stop their action against me due to they were going to purger themselves and HMRC....dlc are sick as chocolate frogs about MY slapdown on them they must be fuming that most of my advice about how to block debt collector's came from youtube and snippest on here.....they must have been sh-tting and stamping in it when HMRC dropped them ha ha ha ....or should that be hohoho

I like to hear about DLC getting hammered!

Good to see you back burlyb

I did post on another thread but had the pyss taken out of me by someone and when I complained about the "dopey" reply a site teeam member had a pop at me so I had a pop back and then MY comment about MY slapping down dlc was removed......the threat was still live but obviously some team members hold all the cards and can stop us eventhough I was helping somone who felt bullied by dlc.....dlc came up against a brick wall with me as did the site team member and his sidekick

ps I only stayed away due to every time i went to reply I have to RE set my tag and password....getting a bit sick of it TBH

I'll gladly relay to you how I got dlc off my back Dotty luv

The eight phone calls I've had today from various telemarketers asking to speak to a 'Mr Baz Oingas'. More accurately, the merry japester who thought it would be a good idea to create a blatantly fake name to sign up for things on-line, and use my mobile number...

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

peeing it down here, had nearly a week of frost and now rain!

Banks! Hate them! Students get more from banks than me! Just had Christmas Wishes from mine. . . . You have 60 days to find another bank account. Banks, hate them and the power they have to cripple people.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I took some change in to cash up into the old folding and theres one teller in there tries to make you look little when she gets loud and says things like .....I hope you're the last one today i'm getting fed up with it....she needs to count herself lucky she's got a job with her attitude and massive GOB and one day I'm going to slap her with a quip that will blow her old barclays bloomers off the ole bag...........gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..try the co-op bank N/O

• Haha 1