What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell I'm having a really' date=' REALLY bad weekend?????:|[/quote']

No really? You're covering it up very well.:boxing:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can anyone tell I'm having a really' date=' REALLY bad weekend?????:|[/quote']

Staying well back Sodem.................I think your gonna blow :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Bloody Job Centre!!

I signed off Friday before last as I'm working again. All the advisor had to say was had I filled my book in, once she'd seen I had she said everything would be processed etc, etc.

As I haven't had the last of my JSA, I rang up to eventually find out there's now a particular number I should've rung to get everything sorted... first I knew!

I know it's par for the course, but I can't understand why one Job Centre advisor can give you one answer and another advisor to tell you something different :mad2:

Won't say anymore, as I've found out in the past that there are people on CAG who think Job Centre staff are above criticism...

Bloody Job Centre!!

I signed off Friday before last as I'm working again. All the advisor had to say was had I filled my book in, once she'd seen I had she said everything would be processed etc, etc.

As I haven't had the last of my JSA, I rang up to eventually find out there's now a particular number I should've rung to get everything sorted... first I knew!

I know it's par for the course, but I can't understand why one Job Centre advisor can give you one answer and another advisor to tell you something different :mad2:

Won't say anymore, as I've found out in the past that there are people on CAG who think Job Centre staff are above criticism...

Not me lol

You very often find one dept doesn't know what the others do even though it's all on the computer in front of them :roll:

Last night we had a riot at the top of our street. At least 30 teens fighting and screaming. I called, and called the police but it was engaged. I never managed to get through!! I'm hoping it's because others were ringing about the same thing! It went on for at least half an hour. I didn't hear any sirens but am assuming they did eventualy turn up as it did eventualy stop. Guess who was involved, yes, one of my lovely neighbours lads. The one who dented our van whilst fighting (they were throwing each other onto it) a few months ago. I heard him talking to a mate after about who started it and something about a dog. I'm really quite concerned if dogs were involved. More for the dogs than anything if I'm honest. This area used to be so nice. It's got to the point I don't want to walk the streets after dark, and some areas not even in the day! I dread any repercussions on the lad next door as it's usually my property that winds up damaged, plus there have been many instances where our door has been mistaken for theirs (their door is right next to ours, inches apart). Sometimes I wished we rented as it would be so much easier to pick up and move. The older her little s**ts get, the more trouble comes.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Thread devoted to them here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?100859-Carphone-warehouse-Talk-Talk-Have-you-been-a-victim

Make a post and see if us caggers may help?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Guest Cartaphilus

What made me swear? Everything ... mostly myself (cos I get too involved in people's lives, but only because I care and, maybe, I should step back instead; no idea how to be with people anymore, scared I'll say the wrong thing, be misunderstood).

Edited by Cartaphilus

Flipping phone company saying problems at previous linked addresses giving concern, when asked to specify told they didn't have to elaborate... however noticed on credit report links at old address going back to previous owners over 15 year period! Have sent suitably worded letter to credit agency implying that N1 will follow if all linked info NOT removed pronto.

Stage 1 of credit cleanup on the way - two more stages to go by which time they will wish they had never screwed my file up.

How can I be responsible for people getting credit at my old address long before I ever took ownership? Plus how can I still be financially linked with my parents house when I haven't spent more than the odd night there in the last 25 years?

The whole CRA system needs dismantling as it isnt fit for purpose... they want to link everyone together in the name of 'anti fraud and anti-terrorism', when they are the biggest fraudsters and terrorists themselves!

A "Nice" letter from HMRC saying I have underpaid my Tax for the past couple of years and would I mind awfully paying it back - Tossers, I now have to fork out a considerable sum for their incapacity to do their job correctly.

Just when you think things are improving another setback appears, I give up I really do, what has one got to do in this country to improve your lot in life?

What made me swear? Everything ... mostly myself (cos I get too involved in people's lives, but only because I care and, maybe, I should step back instead; no idea how to be with people anymore, scared I'll say the wrong thing, be misunderstood).

Ah don't let things get to you Cart. Life's too short. Just be yourself and if anyone doesn't like it ...... well that's their loss.:wink:

World would be a sadder place if nobody cared about anyone else.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Cartaphilus

Thanks, Caro, your words are very meaningful, very kind. Okay, spent the last few hours beating myself up ... It's hard for me to explain myself at times, I used to be a really good communicator online, knew what I had to say, how to say it.

Instead of letting it go etc.

I think what I am trying to say is, I have allowed/let things to get to me far too much, sometimes I don't always appreciate/realize how things do get to me, it builds up over time, I feel powerless to prevent anything ... Then that sets off my anxiety in a very bad way.

I am very often my own worse enemy, in that whilst I can try to give others advice, I ignore it when applied to myself. In the last few years, I've lost a lot of friends because of things that have happened, fallout from something else, it's knocked into everything, still does.

Sometimes I can get too involved, I don't want to let anyone down, but I know I can't always do that. Then I let my strength slip, not a strength but ... sometimes I give the appearance of being strong, when I am not as much. I've made many mistakes before now, ended up in some silly places, I could have avoided, paid for them. But in their own way, the course of those events has smoothed things over for others.

Anyway, I think for now, unless something really urgent comes up I'll have a break. Things reached fever pitch for me today, not just here ... So it's a combination of a few things coming at once. Just more medical things to look forwards to.

I am very grateful to everyone here for the help I have received.

I've been a bit shellshocked with everything lately. Earlier in the year someone who was helping me out for a long time with the debt things suddenly stopped, they left, and couldn't help anymore. Which meant I was directly back into the firing line of it all, after having been away from it for ages. I hope I am making some sense, but will take a break mostly because I need to get my composure back. I know I am only human, but ... I don't like others to see when I get upset or how it affects me.