What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks UK AVIATOR ....my Brother - in law sorted it after we came back from Cremetoriam. Have a important mtg in London on Monday (Lord Philips in attendance - he of Supreme Court Decision !) and need paperwork downloading.

Thanks again

jb

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks UK AVIATOR ....my Brother - in law sorted it after we came back from Cremetoriam. Have a important mtg in London on Monday (Lord Philips in attendance - he of Supreme Court Decision !) and need paperwork downloading.

Thanks again

jb

Ohhh good .. .

Can you ask him to knock up a Template for us ref Bank charges reclaiming please?. . . :-D

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I swore this morning when I was woken up by the noise of the binmen only to find on checking the time it was nearly 10 am:eek:

Now I feel I've lost half a day.

Shopping.

Why is it when u ask a elderly person who is gossiping in the middle of the local supermarket to move that they allways make out they never hear you until u attempt to run them over and then get called rude?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh l have tried that but nothing ever works. I just think they are rude for ignoring me.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I did. :) thats when i was told i am rude.

I said a few choice words in my head after my wonderful 7 yr old son rammed the shopping trolley into the back of my heel.

OW OW OW OW OW OUUUUUUCH!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

No the miserable pensioner said l was rude and my mum should be ashamed of me not having manners. i said if they wanted to gossip then the cafe is down there and my mum would be proud of me cause she is sick and tired of pensioners standing in the middle of aisles gossiping and moaning with no ounce of respect for other shoppers or members of staff.

some of them have no respect. I remember about 2 years ago. I was on my way back from town shopping for Baby, I was still pregnant then, l had loads of bags and not one person would give up a set for me. There was a elderly lady that was sitting on the aisle so l asked if she would mind moving across so l could sit down she said no. I then asked if she would mind standing up so l could sit down she said she did not want me sitting near her. God knows what l had done. In the end l managed to get a seat after a few stops and ppl getting off.

On the same bus there was a couple of elderly ppl who was moan about the rate of increase in there council tax and housing costs being higher than there pension increase. They were moaning as they now had to eat at home 2 nights a week as they could anly afford to go out for a meal 5 times a week now. I chipped in maybe you should stop moaning as l would love to be able to go out for a meal once a month rather than having to save for a year then go out. The discusted look on there faces that l deared to moan about something was amazing.

I advised them to maybe go to the supermarket and actually buy the food for them selfs as they may be able to save money. If the driver had no pulled in at there stop all hell may have broke lose. Tho several ppl did agree with me that eating out 7 days a week means they had a cussy life style.

I can believe it.

Some of them are clearly absolutely horrible.

There is a Waitrose in the town where I live. I cannot afford Waitrose, but occasionally will go in for milk which is exactly the same as Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco (and not the Co-op which is 6p more expensive :mad:). I've been absolutely astonished by the number of pensioners with baskets full of luxury, top of the range food. Okay, if they've worked all their lives and have great pensions - but that can't be all of them.

I can believe it.

Some of them are clearly absolutely horrible.

There is a Waitrose in the town where I live. I cannot afford Waitrose, but occasionally will go in for milk which is exactly the same as Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco (and not the Co-op which is 6p more expensive :mad:). I've been absolutely astonished by the number of pensioners with baskets full of luxury, top of the range food. Okay, if they've worked all their lives and have great pensions - but that can't be all of them.

And it wasn't all of them - just the ones you saw in Waitrose, who can probably afford it, 'astonished' -wow. They lived in a great era (in some respects) and made their money - so what? What do you mean by great pensions? State or private? In any case I don't see the point. I'm no fan of supermarkets or the local outlets like Co-op, but why are you so irate that Co-op charges 6p more?

Nothing personal DD, but you've completely lost me.

Oh l have tried that but nothing ever works. I just think they are rude for ignoring me.

I think my dog does that- it's selective hearing & he's about 98 in human years - trouble is he now bites back when he get's grumpy - hope ur's didn't...(the human, that is! lol)

I meant it couldn't be all the people I saw in Waitrose - not all of them everywhere.

I was agreeing with GM that SOME pensioners moan a lot (like only being able to go out five times a week) and clearly lots of them have an "I'm okay so sod the rest of you" attitude and are downright rude.

Yes, they did live in a great era - a much better one than we are in now where they'll probably tax us for breathing next.

England was a much nicer place in the 60s and 70s and 80s. We had freedom then, and aspects of that loss of freedom make me swear every day.

The Co-operative Society was originally formed to keep prices down as far as I am aware. Why then do they charge much higher prices than every other supermarket on virtually everything. Why should their milk be more than other supermarkets who have agreed a fair price? 6p is outrageous. I don't buy it unless I seriously can't go anywhere else - although it's not something to swear about. :)

I meant it couldn't be all the people I saw in Waitrose - not all of them everywhere.

What does it matter, I'm lost. If any pensioner is shopping in Waitrose (and I assume they live in a fairly affleunt area) how does it astonish you what they put in their basket? What do you know of their circumstances or limitations? It was an unfortunate rant to me.

I was agreeing with GM that SOME pensioners moan a lot (like only being able to go out five times a week) and clearly lots of them have an "I'm okay so sod the rest of you" attitude and are downright rude.

What GM said was understandable (I will agree as I have no time for people getting in my way, especially via idle chit-chat) and was one of those things one can gloss over either way, I just don't get why you went a touch nuts over the contents of an OAP's shopping basket.

Yes, they did live in a great era - a much better one than we are in now where they'll probably tax us for breathing next.

Right, OK, why?? No, I know what you are saying, but it doesn't tie in with what I was saying, nor is that a suitable addition? Every era has it's ups and downs and I simply don't agree.

England was a much nicer place in the 60s and 70s and 80s. We had freedom then, and aspects of that loss of freedom make me swear every day.

Hun, I can feel the frustration coming off you and again, I know what you mean...but don't reduce yourself to swearing because all swear words are mine and I get jealous when they are stolen from me!

The Co-operative Society was originally formed to keep prices down as far as I am aware. Why then do they charge much higher prices than every other supermarket on virtually everything. Why should their milk be more than other supermarkets who have agreed a fair price? 6p is outrageous. I don't buy it unless I seriously can't go anywhere else - although it's not something to swear about. :)

Is the Co-op a supermarket? I thought they were convienience stores. Either way, the 6p thing is unfathomable to me because my Co-op is no less than 56p more than my blessed Mr Patel. :D

Ok - old news for me - happened a little over 15 years ago - Was in a Waitrose Queue - basket in front of me with no owner - went to give my goods to the till- owner of previous goods arrives to give me a hateful nasty excuse of her being otherwised engaged & I was descibed as a 'non person' for daring to 'jump' her basket - ouch - Waitrose has more saddens per acre & wish I was enough 'on the ball' to have hit her...

Okay, Thailand. You are absolutely right about everything.

If your local co-op is selling milk for 56p more than your lovely Mr Patel then he is selling it for 91-56p which is 35p per 2 pints which is absolutely wonderful, you lucky thing. I'm sure if you are buying 4 pints it's still loads cheaper too.

well you all are paying to much for milk as i buy mine for £1 for 4 pints from iceland.

This may l point out is 56p cheaper than Tescos Morrisons and Asda as well as 39p cheaper than One Stop that is owned by Tesco.