What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blurghhhhhh, just had an awful recollection of playing the splits when we were about 10 or 11 and throwing a digging fork through my brothers foot ...... was 40 years ago but i bet he remembers it more vividly than me :rolleyes:

Lucky we grow up and start to realise the damage our actions can cause

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes later he stopped breathing and I didnt have a clue, admittedly if I wasnt so shocked I'd have pulled his lid off and attempted CPR (or what I remember of it from work) but its never quite like that when faced with someone elses life in your hands - panic mode sort of sets in.

I know you said "lid", but just to remind anyone reading this, in case they don't know: NEVER EVER try to remove the whole helmet off a bike RTA victim. You could cause incredible spinal damage and leave them paralysed. Put them in the recovery position and support their neck with a coat or a jumper so that the neck isn't "lolling" or unsupported with the weight of the helmet pulling down.

I come from a rural, isolated background, where you had to make your own entertainment.

In the list of injuries sustained by self and siblings during childhood, we have: a broken tailbone from crossing the river by using a tree and the branch broke, dumping sister no 1 in freezing, but shallow current, a leg ripped to shreds by falling onto coils of barbed wire (brother no 3), falling from shed roof into overhead high stinging nettles (me), planting a stanley knife in thigh (me again), etc etc... Let's be honest, all 6 of us are covered in scars from head to toes from childhood mishaps, lol.

I know you said "lid", but just to remind anyone reading this, in case they don't know: NEVER EVER try to remove the whole helmet off a bike RTA victim. You could cause incredible spinal damage and leave them paralysed. Put them in the recovery position and support their neck with a coat or a jumper so that the neck isn't "lolling" or unsupported with the weight of the helmet pulling down.

Hiya Bookie

Under any normal circumstance I would have to agree and its well documented the damage that can be done. In this instance the poor lad had stopped breathing and the attending ambulance was not in sight so it was a question of priority........ keep waiting and watch him float away or get him breathing and consider his spine secondary to staying alive - Luckily the response unit showed up as I was weighing up the pros and cons and listening to the jobsworth at the call centre so I didnt have to make the decision (not one that I'd want to get wrong).

I have to say though, after less than a minute of arrival the paramedic had his lid off and started CPR. Full face helmets, however much they protect the rider are not the easiest to navigate when trying to blow into someones mouth.

Clearly its a dilema none of us want to be faced with and I am pleased that the outcome was a good one.

Anyway, time to check me roast spuds and put the veg on........ I can cook too ya know, can't believe what a great catch i must have been for Mrs Gezwee :lol:

Gez

My hero... :-D

(although Mr Bookie has been making beef AND chicken fajitas, so I can't really be unfair to him! :razz:)

I tried Spicey chicken Fajitas a couple of weeks ago .......

Chicken fajitas: Recipes: Good Food Channel

Couldnt work out how it was meant to feed 6 though, only just filled my plate....... yeah yeah, snout in the trough thing again :lol::lol:

Some stupid muppet who knocked my grandson flying :mad: knocking him of his feet and ending up with a lovely bump on his head a split lip:-x and didn't even bother to stop and apologise what is up wrong with people :confused:

Blimey Tills... is he ok?... was it another kid or an adult??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Blimey Tills... is he ok?... was it another kid or an adult??

Twas a bloddy adult :eek: he is ok thanks spam apart looking like he has been in a boxing match :( he put his teeth through his lip and lovely egg on his head so apart from a sobbing 5 year old and my sons OH throwing a wobbler because of the blood and son going mencal :eek: had a good day :rolleyes:

My Son I foolishly lent him my HP IPAQ PDA loaded with tom-tom sat nav now I need it Wednesday to take my dog to vet hospital in Devizes Wilts and he has lost the cables to it.

B***dy Kids lol

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

can u post a link to the thread please.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My best mates Mum in crtitical condition in hospital. We been mates since we were 4, so she is more like a sis and her mum is more like a second mum to me, especially as mine lives in the states, I have to borrow her now and again. She's been very ill this year with her gall blader and cysts. They left it so long to operate her pancreas became very infected and she nearly died earlier this year. She lost half her pancreas as it was that badly infected the tissue died. They eventually took her gall bladder out and got rid of her cysts. She's been recovering, but not very quickly. She was rushed in last week with a suspected blood clot, but it turned out (after hours of waiting, then deciding they would check the next day instead) that there was no clot. She was rushed in last night and had emergency surgery due to internal 'leaking'. They were not sure what was leaking or why. She is in critical care at the mo and I'm waiting for more info :(. Feel so bad for my friend as she only has her mum, her dad passed away when she was little due to Marfans which she herself has and had to have heart surgery for.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Just got update. The surgery last night was because of her bowel. The leaking was caused by part of her bowel which has died. They fitted one of those bag thingys (I'm rubbish with names and spelling) but now the part of bowel they attached it to last night has died so she is back in surgery again as we speak. Am very worried. She has been so ill and been through so much already I don't know how much her body can take. My friend is being very positive though. We are crossing everything we can. Weeing for the next few hours may be a problem.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz: