I think I may have annoyed Mercers a little!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, this is my first post so if i have put it in the wrong place i'm sorry!

First i have to say a huge thank you to this web site, I am having an ongoing battle with Barclays who have been scaring the daylights out of my mother. But that is another story and i will post that at a later date.

So i'll get to the point.

I contacted Companies house about mercers, I asked them how a company that is listed as non-trading is allowed to issue illegal default notices and if they are not submitting accounts, how come they are allowed to collect money?

The reply i got was what i expected, they can do this because they collect on behalf of the banks...

Not happy with this i mailed back that on the back of their letters they ask you to write cheques payable to Mercers debt collections. As i was self employed i told companies house that if i asked my customers to write my cheques in a different name or account, the tax man would not like it and i would get done for fraud! so how come they could?

I got a message back asking me if i had proof of this could i please send it to them (i did) as they would like to look into it further...

Now i never paid these people anything, as the account is in dispute. But lots of people must have? Maybe admin can help me here?

If i can show companies house that mercers have been collecting money especially cheques in there name then they have been trading, if they have been trading and not submitting there accounts then surly something would be done about the bully people they are?

Maybe we have a little chance here?

Thank you,

I had another mail from Companies house saying they are looking into this and i will hear back in a couple of days.

I just think it's about time the little person got to bully them for a change.

Wierd thing is my mother nor me have had any calls from them in the past couple of days....

It should be simple enough, if i can prove they have been recieving payments, but have not been publishing accounts whether they are just a department of Barcleys or not, Its still breaking the law.

I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Ian.

This is very interesting. Companies House shows Mercers Debt Collections Ltd as having filed dormant company account for the year to 31 December 2008. In order to file these accounts the directors have to certify that it hasn't undertaken any significant financial transactions. Essentially this means that it can't have any income or pay any bills except for the annual return fee to Companies House.

A dormant company can have a bank account but it can't use it to any significant extent during the year. There is nothing to stop the company doing non-financial work (such as sending out threatograms) although it would be interesting to know how this work can be resourced.

Three things could be going on here:

1) The company may have started trading since 1 January 2009

2) The cheques are not being made payable to the company. Do the demands for payment specify the payee as the correct name of the company including the Limited suffix?

3) The company is processing payments and has financial transactions that would not allow dormant financial statements to be filed. If that's the case they are in serious trouble with Companies House and potentially the taxman as tax returns and supporting financial statements are still required for dormant companies.

Hi Seminole, One of my main question to companies house was, on the back of the theatograms is:

Please make cheques payable to " Mercers Debt Collections Ltd"

Surely that is trading so they should be submitting accounts,

I'm just waiting for the e-mail that will say, because of some unheard of law or gray area they can do what they please!

• Haha 1

Just recieved this from Companies House this morning:

Thank you for your email. I can see what you mean regarding making the payment to Mercers Debt Collections Limited. Your email will be passed to a case officer within the team for further consideration.

Yours sincerely

A****** O*****

Technical Offences Team

Oh dear Mercer's !

Funny thats exactly what i was thinking!

I will keep on with this, i want to give them as much grief as i can after dealing with the stress they gave my mother, and no doubt countless other unfortunate people who have had the same dealings.

If i get some time i will post the problems i have had with Barcleys/Mercers in a new thread as i think i still need a hand there, But thanks to this forum i am managing to slowly get things sorted, but thats another story.

Can any one tell me who is/are the people who set this forum up? I think i may be able to help with some advertising for them.

Funny thats exactly what i was thinking!

I will keep on with this, i want to give them as much grief as i can after dealing with the stress they gave my mother, and no doubt countless other unfortunate people who have had the same dealings.

If i get some time i will post the problems i have had with Barcleys/Mercers in a new thread as i think i still need a hand there, But thanks to this forum i am managing to slowly get things sorted, but thats another story.

Can any one tell me who is/are the people who set this forum up? I think i may be able to help with some advertising for them.

Click on the warning triangle on the left hand side and ask for one of the site team to contact you.

S.

Watching this with interest! Another little story to add to my portfolio of BC/Mercers for the courts to hear!

Can't wait for the next instalment!!

Do you have a thread i can mull over it might help me with this, the more ammo i have the better.

Ian

Might have something here - fingers crossed! Early days in my dealings with them on behalf of Barclaysharks - CCCS are I think going to send the Barclaysharks payment to Mercers?! (they detail them on the DMP that is about to start). Not sure if this helps any (or if it means I should be worried about CCCS! :eek:).

As BB rightly says unlike the OFT companies house actually use their teeth! :)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)