• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession hearing tomorrow

si31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all. i have a repossetion order and have applied for a suspention which i have a hearing in court at 10am tomorrow (19th aug). i am totally beside myself and would be most greatfull if anyone could give me words of advice or tell me what to expect. i,l try to be brief and explain. we got into arrears after loosing my father, he went to italy to meet his fiance and the night after he got there fell i,, and was in a vegetative state, i was out of work as i had to keep flying to and from florence to him and trying to get him home. the mortgage havnt once helped us in any way and the past year i have missed payments despite going to court once and an agreement being made to pay £50 on top of the mortgage. at that time my dad was still in italy very ill and i just wasnt able to work enough to stick to this agreement. there is £11,900 arears plus charges and GE Money have refused my offers to pay £200 a month on top of the mortgage. i can prove that this is realistic for us to pay and can now afford to stick to as im earning alot more and in ecxellent health now. is it too late??? i am devestated as i feel the house is all i have left and honestly dont know how i will cope after going through all the stress of loosing my last parent. i would appreciate anything anyone could suggest or advise. many thanks in advance.

simon.:(

Hi Simon, lets see what we can do :)

I assume you applied for a hearing on a N244 form? if so, what did you put in Q.10 of the form?

Also, did you send in a budget sheet with the form?

Obviously we need to work quickly if your hearing is tomorrow.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

thank you so much for replying so quick ell-enn. yes i applied with an n244 form, i had a loan to pay the arrears off which has fell thru so i explained on it that i am taking steps to get a loan to repay GE money, only have an offer in principle which i understand isnt a guarentee i,l get it. i also explaind that i was in a much stronger financial position to meet the normal regular payments. i was thinking of putting it to the court that if i dont get the loan i can realisticaly afford £200 a month on top of the mortgage. i have done a income and expenditure to take with me tomorrow. i feel sick to the stomach.

si.

Hi, in your income and expenditure statement did you show the £200 you can pay towards the arrears as the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for?

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Do you have any children?

Do you have an up to date statement from GE?

Does the amount GE are stating is arrears have any monthly charges included?

Did you quote the Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan case law in your N244 statement?

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi, yesi have included the £200 in my income and expenditure, and yes the mortgage is in joint names and i also have my partners wages coming in aswell. we dont have any children, and yes we have an up to date statement from GE saying all the interest and charges that have been added on to the arrears. i didnt know about the cheltenham & gloucester case.

si

OK, I can write a statement for you to take to court tomorrow to give to the judge - you do have a printer, yes?

The Norgan case law gives the judge the power to order payment of the arrears over a longer period of time than the mortgage company would want (over the length of the mortgage term if necessary), so it's very useful to quote that in a statement and I will put it in.

You will need to take a photocopy of the statement showing the arrears and charges - how much of the amount they are claiming is monthly arrears charges? - add it up and let me know the amount. The charges should be added to the outstanding mortage amount and NOT included in the arrears. We have to make sure the judge only orders payment of the arrears, without the charges included.

I am starting to write the statement now, just need you to let me know the arrears figure without the charges.

Ell

ell that is so very kind of you i cant thank you enough. i dont hav any ink in my printer but if you email it i can forward to a friend who can print it off for me.?? the arrears before the charges are £11.908.11.....with the charges it is £14.330.10. i have spoke to my friend and she will print it for me if i forward the email.

si

Hi there, I have removed your email address from your post as it's not a good idea to show it on the open forum :)

I will email the statement to you in a few minutes, but you will need to enter information on it where I have put XXX's (remove the XXX's).

On the budget sheet write the claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner.

On the statement showing the arrears and charges write the claim number again and Appendix 2 on the top right hand corner. Either circle in pen the charges or use a highlighter pen to show them.

Affix the appendices to the statement. You will need three copies of all this. One for the judge, one for the mortgage company's representative and one for yourself to refer to in court.

When you get to court ask if there is any free legal help available - they will be able to come into court with you and speak on your behalf. You can also ask the court usher to give your statement to the judge before the hearing. If they can't do that you will need to give it to him yourself. As this is your application for a hearing the judge will speak to you first (don't interrupt him/her at any time). When you have the chance you should say "Sir/Madam, may I give you an up to date statement" and just hand it over. If you have a legal rep they will do it for you.

The other side's rep may ask to speak to you before the hearing, if you feel intimidated by them just say you would rather wait for the judge to decide - hand them a copy of your statement just before you go into the hearing - if you give them it any earlier they will be on the phone to the mortgage company telling them what's in it!

Try to stay calm in the hearing - I'm sure it will turn out OK :)

Any questions, just shout. I will also be on line from around 8.30 in the morning if you need to ask anything before you go. Let us know what happens as soon as you can.

Good Luck

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

i truley am so very greatfull ell-enn, thank you so much for your help, i feel more reassured. i,l will deffinatly letyou kno tomorrow the outcome. again many many thanks fo you time ad help.

si

No problem :) stay positive!

Can you just let me know if you get the email OK, I can go to bed then :D

oh i am speechless and so greatfull, that is superb, again i cant thank you enough. sleep well knoing that you have truley made someone feel so much lighter. let you know tomorrow how it went. night night. xx

si

Good night - hope you get some sleep :)

good morning Ell, i have everything ready and done everything you have so kindly explained, again thank you so much. I am so nervous, it feels like my whole future lies on this outcome. I will let you know as soon as i get back, i hope to god i have somthing possative. :???:

Si.

bad news, the judge was not going to budge, i have to be out by 1pm tomorro, the storage men have just gone. im absolutly devestated, i have put what was left of my heart into the house after loosing my dad. i would like to thank you Ell for your help, it was greatly appreciated.

:eek::eek: OMG - I can't believe it - I'm sooo sorry for you.

What was the judge's reason for not suspending the eviction? Had you only had one suspended possession before?

Ell :(

he went in for the kill, yes we hav only been to court once before, he said the arrears was too great and basically even tho i had spent time out of work due to loosing my dad i should have made more effort to give somthing. i just feel well and truley sick.

im numb, im have managed to get almost everything out and in storage, sounds silly but my poor cat wonders whats going on. thanks for your kind words everyone.

Si

Thats terrible news:( not even giving you a chance. Im shocked I thought that with present climate Judges would be more sympathetic towards cases such as yours.

So sorry, just dont know what to say, except take care.

Ang