Internation Correspondance Schools court summons

lrak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter from ICS regarding outstanding debt, I missed a couple of payments, settled them, missed a third, it was passed on to a separate collector and I agreed to repay the amount I owed. Now I am spreading this over a course of months, £480 total at £40 a month. They've sent me a letter demanding the full remaining balance of £361 to be paid within 8 days and that they're preparing a court summons, and that I should either pay up or seek legal advice.

They say I signed a credit agreement, as far as I was aware they'd only set up a direct debit, there was no credit check performed and no credit account is open on my Experian report.

Where do I stand with this? I cannot afford to pay that much up front.

Ok I've phoned the number on the letter, the automated message says "Thanks for calling Clarity"... and it was all set up online.

I'm guessing Clarity are some kind of agency, would they be accommodating to arrange a repayment plan... or is this "Preparing a Court Summons" beyond that.

Thanks!

What happens in the meantime... I apparently have eight days from the date of the letter (15th) to make payment... its going to take longer than that to put a request in.

This is all too much.

What happens in the meantime... I apparently have eight days from the date of the letter (15th) to make payment... its going to take longer than that to put a request in.

This is all too much.

this is what is known as a threatogram it is designed to unnerve you and is obviously doing so...calm down take a deep breath...these idiots will not and cannot take you to court..put them on notice by writing for your cca that you know your rights