Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

If you use a non existent CCA in your claim for damages due to an unlawful default on you credit files, could the bank argue that because you had other defaults on your record they do not have to pay damages for theirs, as others would have been there anyway?

I would like to have helped but unfortunately cannot understand the question.

If you are saying that there is more than one default on the record can anyone coming along later get away with it - in my opinion NO but someone more knowledgable should be along soon..

GK

Sorry, what I meant was I have 2 defaults - one for a loan without a CCA, the other an overdraft (same bank).

As I'm sure you know, I can't CCA for the overdraft, so will have to hopefully sort this out another way.

However, if I take the bank to court for damages due to the default which should not be on my record due to no CCA, could the bank argue that they don't have to pay damages because it isn't the only default so it can't be proved that theirs is the one causing problems with my creditworthiness as if thiers wasn't there I would still have another one anyway.

I intend to fight the other default too, but not at the same time.

Edited by stereophonicsfan