Help needed with letter from Welcome!!

Cassie 1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

We have been in in dispute with Welcome since the start of the year with letters going back and forth all this time and nothing really being resolved. We took some advise from these forums and have been arguing the toss with Welcome but could do with some more advise about a letter we received from them, supposedly responding to our complaints, but I think they are just trying to fob me off.

We placed our account in dispute after they failed on several occasions to provide us with a SAR and it looked like they were never going to respond to us while we maintained payments. We also knew that they had added charges to our account which should never have been there. We have kept copies of all corresondence we sent asking for this. They have never accepted that the account was in dispute and harrassed us, despite harrassment letters being sent, and continued to add charges to the account.

We have now had a response from them and I am doubting some of the things they are telling me so wonder if anyone could help. The foolowing are things they have said which I would like help with please?

1. They say " It is my understanding that an account can only be placed in dispute under the terms of the banking code. As WFS is not a bank, it does no subscribe to the banking code and therefore do not accept that your account is dispute, and that we are unable to register information to the credit reference agancies"

2. They say " I do not believe that we are required to provide an explanation as to how the option fee and acceptance fees are calculated , nor provide details of any commission paid. If this is not the case, please let me have the relevant case precedent so this issue can be reconsidered"

3. I questioned several ad hoc fees which had been added to my account which were of varying amounts and they have said "The ad hoc fees shown will either comprise either a telephone call, letter, or returned direct debit"

Any help you could give would be much appreciated as I am not sure a=if Welcome are right in what they say!!

no ofcourse they are not!

postggj will be along soon to start the cannon balls firing in his fav direction!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you say sar, but have you request the cca?

if not do it!

what you have above is a brush off letter designed to to put you off claiming!

get a claim going total them all up. add their int, compound it, then add 8% stat and fire it off

ignore the phone calls, there is nothing they can do to you.

get your claim in now! [oh and what about mis-sold PPI!??]

rumour mill has it welcome are going for a big fall down very soon.

if you must fire off the harrassment letter too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply. I requested a CCA and got back a copy with tiny figures which I could not understand, they have said they are trying to locate a legible copy. Harrassment letter has been sent many times and said they would comply with this for a month to allow me to reply to the letter I refer to in the OP. I really need to reply to them with some solid facts about why accounts can be placed in dispute even though they are not a bank. When you say get a claim going, can you clarify what you mean?.

I have no PPI on this account because they re wrote the account and removed it

if they have failed to produce a credible cca in 12+2 days from whenever ignore them.

i would scan it and post it up anyhow remove pers details though but leave figures.

they dont have to be a bank to be in dispute! its the CCA rules that govern them!

i dont understand this sentence

"I have no PPI on this account because they re wrote the account and removed it"

welcome are the pits at mistreating their customers...do some reading too!

dx

and they

The original agreement we took out had PPI added. About a year later we asked for our payments reduced as we were struggling and we were told to come to the office to sign paperwork to agree to this, but they actually done a rewrite on the loan and the new agreement has no PPI added.

You need to get all the information about your accounty hel by WF from them, then look at it all, see if they have applied any fees or late payment charges, charges for phoning you, writing you letters and so forth, if so, these will be the basis for your claim, unfair charges.

you need to also look at the agreement, check it against the lawful format, there is masses of information on this site, use the search box, to find out if it complies with the layout and figures added correctly and so forth, if it does not conform then you might be able to challenge the agreement as unenforceable.

you are a long way from this at the moment, getting all the information is the key, you can do this with a subject access request costs £10, however, you may have done this already.

if they have not complied with your request then find the template letter, again it is on here in the library section, and send it to them as this is also a breach of the data protection act, failure to comply.

you could wait until you have all the information but if you think they have not more to send you then you can begin. if you do not understand the documents you might need to blank out your personal details and post it on to cag for others to hlep with, good luck.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Cassie

To Answer Your Questions

Question 1 Welcomes Response Is Rollocks, Any Account Can Be Placed Into Dispute, They Have Eight Weeks To Investigate And Give A Final Response To Your Complaint And Also Give You The Oppertunity To Escalate The Complaint To The Fos

Question 2

That Would Also Go Into Your Complaint With The Fos

Welcome Will Not Release These Details, It Will Explain The Con On The Underwriting Sheets. A Few Caggers Who Have Requested This Info Once Welcome Have Issued Court Action Through A Disclosure Order Have Had There Cases With Drawn Rather Than Release The Underwriting Sheets To Explain Who Gets What On Commission

Question 3

Welcome Will Have To Justify Every One Of There Fees, There Is Normally A Code With The Fee

Again, Its All A Con

Do You Have Your Last Agreement As Well As The One Thats Been Re-written

I Can Tell You Now No Ppi Rebate Would Have Been Credited To Your New Agreement

The original agreement we took out had PPI added. About a year later we asked for our payments reduced as we were struggling and we were told to come to the office to sign paperwork to agree to this, but they actually done a rewrite on the loan and the new agreement has no PPI added.

Even though the earlier account is now closed, isn't it still possible to claim unfair charges and mis-sold bits on it if it's within 6 years? I bought a 2nd car from Welcome nearly 3 years ago, the first agreement had PPI, I refused it on the 2nd, so I wondered whether when I send them the SAR and CCA request, will they have to provide details of both accounts? (I hope that makes sense!)

With A Sar Request

Welcome Have To Provide All Details They Have On You

Including Previouse Accounts

If Welcome Get Shirty Ref The Six Year Rule, Kindly Inform The The Six Year Rule Starts From When The Account Was Closed By Welcome, Not Its Conception

and that you have only just been made aware of their evil ways [FOC like that one].

plus i also think that the old debt is not actually closed anyhow, as it is linked in to the agreement of the new one by virtue payoff.

dx

and they