How can I get a bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since A&L closed my bank account a few months ago I have not had an account at all.

However, I now need a bank account that will allow me online banking.

Unfortunately my credit rating is very bad and the first one I tried closed the account right after they opened it.

I am stuck, does anyone know which bank I should try?

I can't use Lloyds or NatWest or Abbey or Alliance and Leicester or RBS as they all want my blood at the moment.

Does that leave anyone else?

Any ideas are most welcome.

Working to help set people free from debt.

Thanks for the advice.

I am waiting to hear back from Co-op

N&P will call me back tomorrow

CardOneBanking say yes, but not DD facility and it is expensive, £30 to open the account and £12.50 per month. But no credit checks at all.

I will keep searching

Try the Halifax I've got a basic one, I do everything on line, you get a cash card so you can use the machine or buy goods etc., but no cheque book, no credit card and no overdraft, the funny thing is last time I went in the branch to pay some money in they wanted me to up grade the account.

No way you can't pay for something if you haven't got any money there to do it with the best thing I did opening this account.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

HSBC do a basic bank account and the online facility is very good.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

HSBC credit score their accounts, so I told them not to bother. Apparently Sainsbury's bank have a savings account that has online banking, you can send and receive money online, and you get a cash card with it. This may be ok for me, so I am looking into that as well.

As far as I am aware the only thing they need to verify is your identity. I had a problem because I was homeless having had my house repossessed, but then I found somewhere to live I had to take proof to the bank to get them to accept my identity.

I am expecting to get a basic Nationwide Cashcard account, which is not good enough for my needs but will get me something.

I am thinking to set up a limited company and get a bank account that way.