Howard Cohen - help and advice please

100mel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - hope someone can give me some advice. I had fine from Companies House because I was late filing my business accounts - fair enough - I paid the fine direct to Companies House on their remittance advice just as small claims demand came from Howard Cohen . I returned the court papers pointing out that the invoice had been paid etc. However, they are proposing now to pursue me for the costs of the court papers and I have this morning just received AQ etc. I really fail to see why I am paying for their court costs for a debt which I do not owe and for which payment had already been sent by the time the court claim reached me

I have written letter of complaint to companies house but heard nothing. I accept the penalty - that is fair enough but this is grossly unfair.

Grateful for any advice please as to best way of dealing with this. I am assuming that I'll return the AQ and asked for it to be moved to my court etc

The loss stays where it falls. If the debt was paid before proceedings commenced you may plead payment as a complete defence. In other words, there was no indebtebtedness at the moment the claim was issued. If there was indebtedness 5 minutes earlier but not at the moment of commencement, no liability for costs falls to you.

If on the other hand you paid 5 minutes afterwards, the liability for costs will drop in your lap.

Timing is everything.

x20