B o S Preference Account -Bank Account or Credit Card ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers citzinB

I got the jist of Ida's reply when I went back onto post.

Yes..it does make it very confusing for people to understand what they are signing for. (Maybe thats why they do it).

No apoloy need you do a grand job on here ...keep up the good work I only hope I can become as Knowledgeable as some of you to enable me to help other people.,,....unfortunately I don't thimk that will happen due to medication I am on sometime pickles my brain.

Cheers

Scott

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone who has one of these accounts and might be prepared to give a witness statement please look in on the above thread.

Hi RMW

Can let me know exactly what is needed for this witness statement and if some of the kind cags could help me comply one (Not too good with letters etc....since accident). I would be more that pleased to help a fellow cag member I am going to have a read at the thread link you have giving me tonight just let me know if can help.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Scott

Hi RMW

Can let me know exactly what is needed for this witness statement and if some of the kind cags could help me comply one (Not too good with letters etc....since accident). I would be more that pleased to help a fellow cag member I am going to have a read at the thread link you have giving me tonight just let me know if can help.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Scott

This link - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/231206-battle-continues-against-preference-4.html#post2603796 should take you straight to a draft witness statement and some other important information which you can adapt to suit your circumstances. I'd be happy to have a look at whatever you come up with, but if you're going to put it on the forum don't include your name etc.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi RMW

Many thanks for the link you provided unfortunately when I read this paragraph

"Before you ask, you should also be aware that a witness can be asked to attend the hearing."

This would be an impossible task for me due to illness and disability, I am so sorry to have to decline witness statement...unless as you state at the bottom somebody legal could find out if statement could be retracted if called to court however I am under the impression from somewhere that I have read regarding witnesses that if they are ordered by the court to attend then attend we must do. NO retraction of statement would be allowed.

If there is any other way I can help with this case then please do not hesitate to ask unfortunately this is out of my control.

Cheers

Scott

The court can indeed order a witness to attend, however they would only do this as a last resort and if the other side absolutely insisted. At the moment FDPM is going to send copies of the witness statements to the other side (they can only be used in connection with this case so, whilst you should still be careful exactly what you say, it can't be used against you in another case) and ask them to agree the contents. It's extremely unlikely that they would want any of the witnesses to attend.

If a witness is physically unable to attend, I don't think the court would ever order them to do so.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

At this point I am just going to use the witness statements to prove that it is not just me that believes that the card is a 'credit' card and therefore falls under the CCA - they keep insisting it is 'just an overdrafty account' - Duh!

I'm a L-Plate cagger - new at all this but determined to learn as much as I can, to help as many others as I can, and to fight back as often as I can!:-x

Any help or advice from me is offered in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience gained either from here or from my own cases. I am NOT a legal expert. There are several other CAG members and the site team who are much better qualified than me. Please do not make any decisions based on my advice alone.

Donate as much as you can to this site as often as you can! We need to keep on helping each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RMW & FDPM

Sorry been out of touch for a wee while my health is not too good. I hope its not too late to help with statements etc.. for FDPM.

Can you let me know exactly what it is you want me to do and as long as I would not have to attend court (Due to health). I would love to see their faces if we could get everyone on here to attend court to give statements. It would be a pleasure to help drown these sods in witness statements.

Cheers

Scott

I've actually not heard from FDPM for a while, so don't know what's happening at the moment. I imagine court bundles have to be in soon, but without an address etc to send the signed copy to, there's nothing more I can do at the moment.

RMW

Hi RMW

No sign of any contact from FDPM. It appears he hasn't been on the forum since 9th March I do hope all is well with him. When it gets to the court stage it must be terrifying I know it would be for me (I really hope it doesn't get to that stage with me).

If you do hear from FDPM please let him know that if there is still time I will with pleasure write a witness statement.

Everything at my end has gone eerily quite....not too sure if I like this way does that mean there's a storm brewing.

Hope everything at your end is good.

Have a nice day

Scott

Sorry meant to say I want to Subject Access Request Bank of Scotland for Preference Account, Current Account, (Both illegally terminated) and 2 Credit Card Accounts (Application Form sent as CCA) any idea were I would send SAR to....would it be Local Branch, Head Office Edinburgh or Halifax and could I word it to included all accounts.

Scott

Hi

We have just received this morning a phone call from a private number who left a message to contact 01698307278 a company called MCS as they have a delivery for us. My wife stupidly phoned and it turned out to be a company called Meridian Services Ltd Hamilton (Tracing Agents) when she spoke to them they said they could not discuss this as they needed to speak to me thinking it was a delivery we were waiting on I gave them permission to speak to my wife then they said that they were calling on behalf of Halfaix/BOS as they had m,ail returned to them saying we did not stay here strange that because we just got our post and there was 4 letters from Halifx in my hand as I spoke to them also communicating by letter to DCA regarding accounts. Do you think they are ready for a visit to us.

SO BEWARE OF A COMPANY CALLLED MCS leaving delivery messages AS THEY ARE TRACING AGENTS FOR BANKS BUILDING SOCIETY'S AND FINANCE COMPANIES WHO VERY SNEAKILY CREEP UP ON YOU.

Cheers

Scott

• 1 year later...

Hi Peeps,

Been a while since been on here, was a bit scared as a DCA implied that they had found my thread on CAG, so have been a bit warey, anyway an update on the preference account.

Hadn't heard from BOS or any other DCA for months then......

Received Letter from 1st Credit saying this had been assigned to them and they now own it and want payment(Surely BOS wouldn't sell a debt if they thought they had a chance to recover it)

I replied with Account in Dispute Letter.

Yesterday received a letter from them stating that BOS have said they have no record of this dispute and 1st Credit want me to send them details of the dispute......can anybody advise me what to do in this situation.

Do I send 1st Credit copies of the Accont in Dispute letter I sent BOS and would I advise them it was Unlawfully terminated as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Zaraphin

Hi Peeps,

Been a while since been on here, was a bit scared as a DCA implied that they had found my thread on CAG, so have been a bit warey, anyway an update on the preference account.

Hadn't heard from BOS or any other DCA for months then......

Received Letter from 1st Credit saying this had been assigned to them and they now own it and want payment(Surely BOS wouldn't sell a debt if they thought they had a chance to recover it)

I replied with Account in Dispute Letter.

Yesterday received a letter from them stating that BOS have said they have no record of this dispute and 1st Credit want me to send them details of the dispute......can anybody advise me what to do in this situation.

Do I send 1st Credit copies of the Accont in Dispute letter I sent BOS and would I advise them it was Unlawfully terminated as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Zaraphin

It's not your responsibility to do their job for them. I would just write and tell them to go back to BoS. Just be very wary of them and their motives.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It's not your responsibility to do their job for them. I would just write and tell them to go back to BoS. Just be very wary of them and their motives.

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred

Have you had any dealings with this company, I believe they were under investigation last year. Any ideas/tips on their underhanded motives.

Regards

Zaraphin

Hi Fred

Have you had any dealings with this company, I believe they were under investigation last year. Any ideas/tips on their underhanded motives.

Regards

Zaraphin

Hi Zaraphin,

No, I've had no dealings with this lot. They are very well known on this board though.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hello Zaraphin, as FB says, it is not your place to provide information for the DCA. Especially this particular DCA.

In 2009, 1st Credit were censured because of the way in which they used Statutory Demands as a debt collection tool.. and other poor Debt collection practices.

They were the main DCA for HBoS at that time .. and once news of the censure hit the headlines, HBoS dropped 1st Credit like a ton of hot bricks.. basically claiming that their DCAs had to be whiter that white.

Hmmm, so why have they now restored business relationships! Is it because other DCAs were getting fed up with being advised that there were mega problems with the accounts htey were selling on!.. especially the preference accounts!!

If you do feel the need to write back, then simply say, that you believe they should have ensured that their purchases were dispute free. Say.. that despite HBoS' assertions that there is no dispute, there is and as they have purchased the account, then it is for them to resolve this with HBoS.

HTH

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cheers citizenb and Fred,

I will treat their letter with the contempt it deserves.......bin it and ignore it. As you both point out its up to them to resolve this with BOS.

Many thanks will kepp you all posted.

Cheers

Zaraphin

I wouldnt "bin" the letter.. just file it with the rest :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wouldnt "bin" the letter.. just file it with the rest :)

Exactly what I meant citizenb, My filing system is like a bin full of rubbish letters from DCA. (Should have explained clearer , sorry......

Tried to click you and FB reputation star...doesnt do anything at this end...should it, thought maybe have to write something. You know your are all stars on here, deserve every bit of repu you can get.

Have a good day.

Cheers

Zaraphin

Yes, if you want to rep someone, you need to click on the star at the bottom of each post.. a new box will open and you can type something really nice about a person .. :lol: then just submit..

BCOBS

Yes, if you want to rep someone, you need to click on the star at the bottom of each post.. a new box will open and you can type something really nice about a person .. :lol: then just submit..

Tried clicking the star, says add to this users reputation, but no box to write anything.

• Haha 1

Tried clicking the star, says add to this users reputation, but no box to write anything.

Hmm, I just clicked on yours and a drop down box with a diddy little strip across the bottom for "comments" came up..

Have a look at your rep list at the bottom of your subscribed thread list to see if I did actually comment?

BCOBS

Hmm, I just clicked on yours and a drop down box with a diddy little strip across the bottom for "comments" came up..

Have a look at your rep list at the bottom of your subscribed thread list to see if I did actually comment?

Hi citizenb

Checked rep list and yours is there, not quite sure whats happening here. tried it with your rep and FB's rep. Will get somebody to look at my comp tonight maybe its got something to do with cookie (I'm trying to get all technical here not got a clue what I'm talking about just heard my Daughter talking about this before when something wouldn't come up.

Hi citizenb

Checked rep list and yours is there, not quite sure whats happening here. tried it with your rep and FB's rep. Will get somebody to look at my comp tonight maybe its got something to do with cookie (I'm trying to get all technical here not got a clue what I'm talking about just heard my Daughter talking about this before when something wouldn't come up.

:lol: I havent a clue either.. I will ask those on the site team who do know about these things if there is an issue with your particular account :)

BCOBS