King63 -v- LLoydsTSB

king63

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need Help.

My husband is working and living overseas. He took a loan with LTSB to consolidate his credit card debts in March 2008. Payments made and all fine. However, in December 2008 could not maintain payments and wrote to bank telling of his situation. They have not respsonded. He had overdraft on his personal current account which has now doubled because of charges. Now been passed to BLS collections. Letters keep coming. Calls to my husband's mobile number which is actually in my name keep coming. LTSB and BLS will not talk to me as they say I have no authority on my husband's account. Authority was given to me as is confirmed by my local branch and I have authority to write cheques on the account. My husband has called from overseas asking that correspondence be in writing. When my husband took out the loan the bank made him buy Loan Protection Insurance. He is not covered by it as he works overseas and does not pay tax or national insurance in this country. I was dealing with LTSB as my husband had given written authority for me to deal on his loan account. LTSB has offered to refund the LPI amount to his loan account. They will not accept that the insurance was mis-sold as they say at the time LTSB was not aware that he was working overseas. I told LTSB if this was the case why did he have a non resident bank account and why was there no UK salary being paid into his account. They still maintained that the LPI was not missold. My husband has not received any response to his letter telling the bank that he could not repay his loan or keep up repayments. They must have received the letter which was sent recorded delivery as his authority for me to deal on his behalf was enclosed with it. What can we do about this as we are coming up against a brick wall and I am the one having to handle things. I suffer from MS and the stress makes my condition worse. Sorry that this posting is so long.

Hi King and welcome to the CAG forums, just be careful as they will offset money from one account to another to satisfy any arrears or missed payments. It might be worth considering setting up a parachute account somewhere....it sounds blatantly obvious that he was missold PPI for the reasons you have given above, this could bring the whole agreement in to question. I feel you must ask for the missold PPI back with contractual interest, I would also start a charge reclaim too.

As for the calls then add this onto the letter too...

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of CPUTR2008, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I am new to the Forum. Could you tell me how I get the template letter requesting a bank to send a signed copy of original loan agreement - I have tried to find but have not been able to. I need to write to LTSB. They missold me LPI when the loan was taken out and have offered - "as a gesture of good will" - to refund the LPI amount together with payments made and interest. They do not accept that the PPI was missold. This has not been accepted this yet as I believe that if an ancilliary product is missold when taking out a loan, the loan can be unenforceable and any payments made on this loan can be refunded. Is this correct? The bank were advised in December 2008 that payments could not be maintained for the loan. The Manager of my local branch of the bank where the loan was taken out wrote to in January 2009 saying that the letter had been passed on to Customer Services. A letter was then received in July 2009 saying that the loan was going to be passed to the debt collection department as no payment had been made. My local branch checked their records and confirmed that nothing else had been written by LTSB. Any guidance? Thanks.

Edited by king63
Further information given.

Hi king63 which letter are you looking for - what is the account- loan/ credit card. Is it the one to request your agreement-the CCA? You would get more help if you start your own thread then it won't get swallowed up in PJ's thread. You will find your way around here....... eventually!!:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hi King,

2 posts merged with your older thread and moved into LTSB forum. Please keep to one thread so questions and replies stay in one place. :)

Did you send any letters to LTSB last month as advised.

Please tell us what you want to do next, and we'll try and help.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)