Wasps nest in the roof.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a look at a few different sites and from what I can gather it is the home owner (housing authority) responsibility to provide you with a pest free home. Unless it is your fault the pests are there e.g. dirty kitchen.

Have you got anything about this in your housing agreement?

I very much doubt they will take responsibility. their stance is likely to be that residents are responsible for the removal of pest infestations

within their home or garden unless there is clear evidence that the

pests have arisen because the Association has failed or neglected to

do something.

Come October/November the wasps will die and will not use the same nest next year

If you give your local authority a quick call, check this with environmental health firstly, because I know the Local authority for the stock where i am is: if it is within the fabric of the building (ie they have access to the property and can sting you indoors) they will do it for you, but if it is in the grounds or an outbuilding its down to you.

Worth checking, but also, if they confirm its up to the HA to set such policies, then these are the people who will come and deal with it for you - I expect it'll be about £50 or so. Whoever removes them should be able to source their point of access (can be a piece of missing pointing for instance and a gap in the bricks) and you will need to tell the HA about that, because the FABRIC of the building is their responsiblity.

From that you might find you have a round robin argument with them - like which came first - the wasps or the point of entry!

Don't try and remove them yourself - its a very bad time to discover someone in the family is allergic to this type of sting!

Otherwise, like michael says, they will eventually die off, so if they and you can leave each other alone for a few more weeks the problem will naturally resolve itself.

Good luck

Look up the local Bee Keepers Association branch - we had a nest in our eaves, but thought it was bees not wasp. The local branch put me in contact with a local bee keeper that would come over and see if they could "rescue" the bees. On arrival he said they were wasps and he would "puff" some powder into the nest. We gave it 10-15 minutes, and no more wasps flying out.

He only charged £10 for petrol.

Regards,

John