Bradlead and a Managed Loan

bradlead82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance into getting my managed loan written off ????

in 2004 i was a student and had a HSBC student account and had a small loan and student over draft and credit card i was anxious about having the student debt and went into a branch 4 advice as i was struggling some of the payments back!

However after seeking advice in store from one of the personal account managers she placed me on a managed loan with protection conslidating all my current debt with hsbc and paying one amount back that was affordable. However i feel i have personally be subjected to being mis sold a product and have been done over by HSBC i now 5 yrs on am still paying the managed loan ad never in 5yrs have they rang or written to me to offer me any alternative in services etc i really want to seek advice ihave emailed HSBCs customer complaints but to no reply any advice please i just want to get the loan sorted and payed off!!!!!

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance into getting my managed loan written off ????

in 2004 i was a student and had a HSBC student account and had a small loan and student over draft and credit card i was anxious about having the student debt and went into a branch 4 advice as i was struggling some of the payments back!

However after seeking advice in store from one of the personal account managers she placed me on a managed loan with protection conslidating all my current debt with hsbc and paying one amount back that was affordable. However i feel i have personally be subjected to being mis sold a product and have been done over by HSBC i now 5 yrs on am still paying the managed loan ad never in 5yrs have they rang or written to me to offer me any alternative in services etc i really want to seek advice ihave emailed HSBCs customer complaints but to no reply any advice please i just want to get the loan sorted and payed off!!!!!

Blimey 5 years later :?: - how much was this 'small' loan and everything else they combined? If you are still paying it have a wander into the branch, sit down and chat to them. Might be good to record or remember what they say. Why dare I ask would you be lodging a 'complaint' with them as when you set it all up you'd know how much and for how long? Believe me if you stop paying and still owe money you'll hear from them (and enter the world of nightmares!). ;)

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Hi breadlead , welcome to the forum , :)

There's not a lot that can be done about your Managed Loan at this stage I would say ....... but I think you may have a good case for mis-sold PPI (you say the loan was protected ?)

If you were sold this as a student , then IMHO you were not eligible for any payout if you got into difficulties...

There is a very good forum on this site which you might like to have a look at , post your prob. on there - they've got some really good advisers who will guide you.......

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

But by all means come back to your thread here and ask anything further , you'll always get an answer , and we're user-friendly :D

It will also be interestig to know how you get on with this ....

Just a thought , speed is important here , as they will try to duck out if you go over the 6-year point .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D