Link Financial- Notice of discontinuance

donzy1971

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

1st of all thank you for all your help over the past year or so in my plight and problems I have had with are friends "LINK". long story short I managed to get my ccj and liabilty order set aside and am waiting for a final court hearing in the next few weeks (Final defence submitted to get debt completley wrote off) when I received a letter from Link saying:

We enclose a copy of the notice of discontinuance which we have filed with the court today (date etc). It goes on to say. Take note that the claimant hereby wholly discontinues this action against the defendant.

can someone explain what on earth all this means?

Thank you in advance yet again for your help

Donzy

Take note that the claimant hereby wholly discontinues this action against the defendant.

The claimant (Link) and the defendant (You)

Put simply they are no longer proceeding with what ever action they were, against you....make sure you take a copy and file the original!;)

So depending on what action they (the claimant) were taking against you (the defendant) they're not bothering with anymore...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Blooming eck..really I have won..Will not pursue court costs just glad it is over been very hard work over the past year and a bit. Wonder why they have changed there minds?

however still await confirmation from the court before I can relax again.

You should really apply for your costs to hit them where it hurts ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I agree. You MUST claim costs against these scumbags. After all they were the ones who threatened you with all sorts and added on ridiculous charges.

You should attend the Court on the date in question UNLESS you receive official notice from the Court. DCAs are not to be trusted and it is not beyond the bounds of possibility for them to appear and get a default judgement against you.

• 7 months later...

I know it's an old thread, but worth asking - what is better, apply for costs from dca for discontiuing and if they fail to repsond to offer satisfactorily, apply to court for costs OR apply for costs from DCA on basis of setting aside NoD if they don't pay then getting SJ against them?

Surely the latter is better if you have the stomach for a fight, on the basis that then it's even harder for them to resurrect the claim/less likely to sell debt on etc? I've read some horror storeis on here of NoD from creditor/DCA then a new claim pops up months later froma different DCA when the debt ahs been sold on.

To err is human: to completely mess up is my peculiar gift.

It's not as if they have done you any favours - just the opposite, in fact. Think of all the stress this has caused you.

Go for your costs - if you don't want the money, CAG would be delighted to receive a donation!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.