Disagreement with cotenant.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey.

Its my first post so please bare with me if I make any mistakes.

Basically I'm having trouble with the person I live with, I just need some advice on what action I can take if any.

We have a joint tenancy agreement. She occupied the premises before me.

I decided to move in with her.

I'm just going to state what the problems I am having with her.

1. Cleanliness, She is very demanding cleanliness wise. I'm happy for the house to be a bit of a mess. I don't mean plates piled up high and bins overflowing. I just mean lived in. My housemate on the other hand has an obsession for absolute cleanliness and if her standards are not met she verbally abuses me. Only one case where I think I've overstepped the mark and thats when I forgot to clean the bathroom and it started smelling quite bad :(

2. She seems to think that since I moved in with her, i.e. she has been in the house longer than me she can overrule anything I say that concerns the house.

3. She has a bought a cat into the house, against the terms of our tenancy. And against my wishes.

4. Shes getting more abusive. Although I just get more abusive back.

I've stated the problems. I know its childish.

Anything I can do. I don't think there is but might aswell confirm my suspicions.

Cheers Ladies and Gents.

You are both jointly liable for this tenancy so you could look at this as 50/50 if you like.

There is no need to take abuse from this other tenant so don't be bullied.

Is there an agent involved or is this let directly with a Private Landlord?

I'd be having a few words re the cat situation with whomever manages this property.

You clean as much as you wish, I'm sure you don't WANT to live in a sty so do your share and what you feel acceptable.

If the other person doesn't like this then tell them to do one!!!