You don't get a ticket for ages, then....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... 2 come one ofter the other. :mad:

Herne Hill, a couple of weeks ago. Caught in a bus lane.

Me? Surely not. After all, this is the road I used to take 5, 6, 10 times a day in the past. I know this bus lane is a rush hour one. And even if it had changed, I am always very wary of watching out for changes, so how could this happen?

Well, like this:

Turn right onto Norwood Rd from Croxted Rd with no sign that a bus lane is there. Once on Norwood Rd, see no sign for bus lane hours, presumably because there are actual buses on the bus lane. Once safe to do so, pull into bus lane and carry on your merry way, absolutely certain you have done nothing wrong and furthermore do not see any other signs that could maybe warn you otherwise. 2 weeks later, get ticket through post and let jaw drop to the floor.

So, here is the ticket:

img013.jpg

img014.jpg

and today, I went to take a few pics of the area to see how I could have messed up so spectacularly, see next post.

Edited by Bookworm

Croxted Rd

mini-SH100032.jpg

Waiting to turn right into Norwood Rd:

mini-SH100034.jpg

I got caught just a bit further down from that bit, alongside the green fenced part (which I think may be relevant):

mini-SH100036.jpg

As you turn, here's what you see if there is a bus in the bus lane:

mini-SH100039.jpg

There are roadworks too, so as you turn, this is what you have to look out for before you get to the bus lane:

mini-SH100042.jpg

Finally, as you go alongside the bus lane, the pavement disappears and this is where the camera will snap you:

mini-SH100047.jpg

No other signs giving the times of the bus lane, and I believe that they was one before, but it no longer is here because of the works on the pavement and the fence.

mini-SH100049.jpg is where a sign would be if it were to get captured in the frame at the same time as the car.

So, the questions? Are there requirements that the bus lane should be indicated from all main approaches? How many panels indicating the bus lane hours should be on the lane and should there be one in the frame of the picture?

Help!

Edited by Bookworm
weird, seems to be working now. ???

Not even any links, Bookie.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Bookworm1363/Miscellaneous/img013.jpg

Ok, will have to do it that way then... :-( Off to edit my posts higher up, sorry about that folks.

Edit again: I can see them now, can you? (says she with seriously frayed nerves :mad:)

Edited by Bookworm

Yes, I know, but my point is it is the only one and if, as in pic 4, there is a bus in the lane, you have no way of knowing before the turn or for the rest of the lane what those restrictions are, and for years and years, that bus lane was a rush-hour one only. I mean, literally, if you miss that sign for whatever reason, you have no other way of knowing. If you come straight from Norwood Rd, there is another sign before the lights warning you of the approaching bus lane, but from the Croxted Rd, nothing. :-(

Yes, I know, but my point is it is the only one and if, as in pic 4, there is a bus in the lane, you have no way of knowing before the turn or for the rest of the lane what those restrictions are, and for years and years, that bus lane was a rush-hour one only. I mean, literally, if you miss that sign for whatever reason, you have no other way of knowing. If you come straight from Norwood Rd, there is another sign before the lights warning you of the approaching bus lane, but from the Croxted Rd, nothing. :-(

Not ignoring your point, but that sign - which I can't quite read - seems to have two [periods of validity for the bus lane (probably rush hours).

What times are on your PCN?

BTW, if there are no times on the blue signs, then the bus lane is 24/7. IOW, if you can't see any signs showing times, for whatever reason. it is better to assume that it is in force at all times.

Oh, and incidentally, there is a fair chance that there is another ticket on its way, as I took my son to the Maudsley last Friday for a study on autism and odds are that I would have used the bus lane as well, as it was 10.30. :-(

Where the hell I am going to find the money, I have no idea. :-(