Moorcroft and their threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's a thing called the Luscher colour test which claims to show you what your personality is by choosing different colours.

If Moorcroft have stopped sending my ex bright yellow envelopes and started sending diahorrea brown ones instead, what are they trying to say about his personality I wonder?

Wonder what a shrink would make of using RED PAPER with even REDDER WRITING and words like MUST, IMMEDIATELY and FINAL all highlighted and underlined

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that MOORCROFT using red ink is supposed to subliminally draw the eye and highlight the words that they think are important, so that whilst you may be reading a long letter, with lots of 'we may do this' and 'if we do this' rubbish, you will get the overall message quite quickly.

Advertisers have used techniques like this for some time.

A company might, for example, wish to draw consumers' attention to a device invented specifically for picking up turds after your dog. They could fill an advertisement with lots of flowery words that describe the product, but if the you, the potential customer, can't find its name or the price they won't buy the product, so these items will be given a prominent position, probably flush with a corner.

There we are then - the secrets of subliminal messaging given away.

Simple, really, and valid even if not subconsciously absorbed by you... :D

• Haha 1

I suspect that MOORCROFT using red ink is supposed to subliminally draw the eye and highlight the words that they think are important, so that whilst you may be reading a long letter, with lots of 'we may do this' and 'if we do this' rubbish, you will get the overall message quite quickly.

Advertisers have used techniques like this for some time.

A company might, for example, wish to draw consumers' attention to a device invented specifically for picking up turds after your dog. They could fill an advertisement with lots of flowery words that describe the product, but if the you, the potential customer, can't find its name or the price they won't buy the product, so these items will be given a prominent position, probably flush with a corner.

There we are then - the secrets of subliminal messaging given away.

Simple, really, and valid even if not subconsciously absorbed by you... :D

Thanks SP I think I understand the theory

I think ALL DCA THREAT MONKEYS ARE CRETINS

For a minute there Scarletpimpernel I thought you were bringing to our attention that Moorcroft are marketing a device for picking up dog turds :D

Damn... I was just about to invent and market the Moorcroft® Patented Instant Flip-Out Dog Egg Collector...

...the only kind off collecting those muckrakers are good for.

I'm new to this thread. I have just received a Notice of Intended Litigation From Moorcroft. On the bottom it says please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address. Funny that as it is only an address for post as at present not a fixed address as travelling a lot. It is my mother who is the owner.:)

They must have taken the hint, the letter has gone back to good old white and its a threat of we may take you to court.

Maybe they should for my sake of course have hightlighted the 'may' in yellow, I was just getting used to that.:cool:

ahh, of course the yellow is for impact, they dont want 'may' to be of impact :)

They are bottom feeders anney63. Last month after they yellow letter I rang them up and said could you let me know when you plan to take me to court. They replied uh uh, what. I said I want you to take me to court as you would have to stop harassing me and stop interest etc, so its in my interest as on benefits to look forward to you taking that threatening step. Told me I was being awkward and they didnt give dates. Them not speaking the same english as we do, anotherwords they only speak poop.

I though ti was Westcot who send out Varigated red paper, Moorcroft sent a blue one to work, looking like court paperwork, I sent it to our legal department with a link to one of the threads on this site. They too confirmed that a utility had confirmed the person lived at a work only address....

Morons.

I'm new to this thread. I have just received a Notice of Intended Litigation From Moorcroft. On the bottom it says please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address. Funny that as it is only an address for post as at present not a fixed address as travelling a lot. It is my mother who is the owner.:)

I would just love to know which MAJOR public utility they are talking about because, as anyone who has already read some of my threads will know, Moorcroft have written to my ex saying exactly the same thing and he has been gone for over 2 years. All MAJOR utilities have been in my name for quite a while now, so I really, really think they should contact their mole at the MAJOR utility company and ask them to put new batteries in their crystal ball :-D

I wrote to moorecroft with a quid telling them im going bankrupt & the judge wants the credit agreement you bought off ecc ( the original creditors)

Guess what!!!?????? they sent me a letter saying if i want it i have to write to egg!!!!! Confused.com as i was sure moores told me in the beginning they had bought the debt ... so have no idea whats going on now

You could remind them of this;

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Thankyou . i have just drawn up a letter statung what you have said ... ill see what they say about that!! i actually dont think they are very good the parer she answered me on was just one of their head blue moore papers and i can actually say if i had a scanner i could do a better job myself.... she has given me the address of Egg to write too so i can get paperwork thats actual rubbish as if thats the case then why are moorcrofts sending me letters all the time ??:eek:

Maybe I am being stupid here, but is there no legal action that can be taken with them?

They seem to be confirming in these letters that they are regularly breaching data protection and privacy laws, in a special deal with a "major utility"

Which I would have thought would be against the law?

As I understand it, tracing agents who are caught contacting for example the Jobcentre to check addresses/names get prosecuted....

Might be something worth looking at.

Or will they be ready to admit in court, that they are lying and misrepresenting themselves in written form to gain a payment?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another letter from them this morning for my ex. Most disappointed as they have reverted back to a boring white envelope again :(. Still, doesn't really matter as they will be getting it back again in a few days :D. I hope they have a good recycling policy at Moorcroft because they don't half get a lot of things back from me.

I have to agree with Caledfwlch about them breaching data protection if they truly are getting their information from a major utility provider. I think that with my ex, Moorcroft claim they have confirmed his whereabouts with a major utility provider because it is the water board to whom they are claiming he owes money. Sooo, Moorcroft are saying that because he supposedly owes the water board money then it is the water board who have confirmed where he lives... see what I mean? The fact that he has gone and the water bill is now in my name isn't apparent to them because they don't really check anything with anyone (well, anyone reputable that is), so their information is WELL out of date. Bunch of morons at best, and that's an insult to all well meaning morons out there :D.

I got another letter from midas legal services which says is linked to moorcroft stating they are now going to decided wether to advise the alledged original creditor to take me to court. To reslove this ring moorcroft.

Goodness they go on and on and on and on and on, scarry, not.

If something genuinely is going to threaten the security of my kids and me I am the first to panic, but this bunch have me now giggling when the letters arrive.

I say to resolve it they need to dissapear up an orrifice, no guessing which one..

Moorcroft are Morons.

Edited by loopinlouie
spelt orrifice wrong :)

• 3 weeks later...