Moorcroft and their threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moorcroft today told me that when they threaten court, that they will go ahead and do it without further notice.

They said its not like crown court, you cant plead your case to a jury.

I said okay I will do it infront of the judge and respond to the claim.

She said you dont get to see the judge its all in writitng, so I said well isnt that if you dont turn up, as in they find you in default.

But I will show up I said.

I was told by them today, that when you sign a contract with o2 that you sign up to if you wish to cancel the agreement then you return the phone to the head office as its done over the phone. Fair enough if you buy it online or over phone, but from a o2 store!!!! Funny 02 themselves state the opposite, only return to original point of purchase.

Moorcroft, more like more and more rubbish

She also told me any recordings between 02 and me stating the phone should have gone back to the store and irelevant and not admissable.

Take me to court moorcroft and 'make my day' as cliint eastwood says. Ive had a crap day and frankly dear moorcroft I dont give a damm.

Edited by loopinlouie

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Moorcr@p don't take anyone to court, because they always lose, the costs are too high, and their paperwork is non existent!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Moorcroft make me laugh so much :D:D:D:D:D

I've been threatened with court action by them about 5 times every year for the past 4 years and they still haven't quite got round to it! It's just a threat to try and make you pay up or what you can't afford.

I wouldn't worry too much, don't speak to them on the phone and keep all letters from them for your records.

Have you CCA'ed them yet?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

You've read recently that they are awarding a certificate for knowing how to catch a bus and one for washing your hands. Well there is an extra special one just for DCAs......talking bollox. :rolleyes:

Or there's the award for pressing the "on" button on a computer ;)

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

Mobile contracts aren't covered.

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was Barclaycard.

I wont go back to original store, I always tend to leave with another phone didnt intend to buy. I guess I wont worry about moorcroft then;)

Round where I live they pressgang you into buying them, step too near to their door and theyve got you, I certainly wont go there again, see how responsible I am being now, moorcroft wasnt impressed he he.

Mobile contracts aren't covered.

They are not covered by the CCA but the onus is on Moorcrap et al to provide proof that a WRITTEN contract actually exists between you and the Mobile Phone company.

Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I wont ring them again, I try to put on a front of not being intimidated, but feel the need to respond and should do it writing, because truth is their wearing me out.

Its just their clear disregard for the need to produce any documents relating to the account or proof they have a right to contact me in the first place. They know I am ill and keep asking for official proof and I know not to send that, it angers me they have the gall to ask for it when they keep saying I have to go to the store and get it personally(copy of agreement), what for to embaress me?

Any how I'll send them a stinking letter telling them to bogoff I think.

Dear Cretins

your ref

Please be advised that this alleged debt is now in dispute as you have failed to comply with my Legal Request for a Copy of a Consumer Credit Agreement.

You have also dispatched agents to my home without my permisssion. You have broken a number of the OFT Guidelines on debt collection as well as committing offences under the CPUTR Regs 2008. I have also reported the actions of your agent to my local police with a view to a possible CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.

For the avoidance of any doubt please be advised that I hereby withdraw any permission for any of your agents to visit my property and I now require details of your complaints procedure by return

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

im being hassled by moorcroft too and sick of them,,, can you tell me something please? i changed my name 5 years ago as went through a diviorce 7 yrs ago ,,, any debts are mine but in my married name ( nothing to do with my EX) however i have not been known by that name and debt letters come in my married name, legally im not that person anymore??? can they still try get money off me as they dont know my name now >?

sorry it sounds confusing

Hi oh its me, welcome to CAG!

Yes, changing your name is not a defence in itself, if they can trace you they will try to get the money.

The good new is its Moorcroft, I don't think they even know their own names, let alone yours...

But from what you've said about 5 and 7 years, would I be correct in thinking the alleged debt is near or already statute barred?

Hi

im being hassled by moorcroft too and sick of them,,, can you tell me something please? i changed my name 5 years ago as went through a diviorce 7 yrs ago ,,, any debts are mine but in my married name ( nothing to do with my EX) however i have not been known by that name and debt letters come in my married name, legally im not that person anymore??? can they still try get money off me as they dont know my name now >?

sorry it sounds confusing

If you've made no payment or written admission of the debt for a period of six years it will be Statute Barred so you could send them this http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred the onus is on them to prove otherwise.

Got another of their tacky yellow letters today with a matching tacky envelope. Threat threat threat, they dont listen or learn it seems.

Yes, they are definately yellow. I get quite a few, all for my ex, and I used to send them back marked 'Moved away'. Sadly, the plonkers at Moorcrap do not believe that the ex has actually moved away, so keep sending those lovely custard coloured envelopes. I have now resorted to putting them through the cross-cut shredder and oh, it does make such beautiful confetti :D

Got another of their tacky yellow letters today with a matching tacky envelope. Threat threat threat, they dont listen or learn it seems.

Yes, they are definately yellow. I get quite a few, all for my ex, and I used to send them back marked 'Moved away'. Sadly, the plonkers at moorcroft do not believe that the ex has actually moved away, so keep sending those lovely custard coloured envelopes. I have now resorted to putting them through the cross-cut shredder and oh, it does make such beautiful confetti :D

Edmund Blackadder gets yellow letters from the monkeys? Don't tell me he didn't pay Mrs Miggins for the pies! :)

Personally I found simply ignoring them worked a treat, eventually whatever they are "chasing" goes stat barred!

(disclaimer: That worked for me but I'm not recommending it)

Edmund Blackadder gets yellow letters from the monkeys? Don't tell me he didn't pay Mrs Miggins for the pies! :)

Oh yes, Edmund has been a very dark horse with his finances and, sadly, ran up a fair bit of credit at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop. Mrs Miggins has been a dab hand at getting DCAs and even bailiffs to get back her money, but Edmund has done a runner and is proving a difficult character to find. Moorcroft claim that (thanks to information from a utility provider, yeah right) they can prove Edmund still lives here, but as I haven't had so much as a sniff of his codpiece in my home in over 2 years and have now got rid of the last of his belongings of Ye Olde Ebay, methinks that they are attempting a bluff. (Plus, I had all utility bills put in my name as soon as it became apparant that Edmund had, indeed, done a permanent disappearing act.) Perhaps I should send them Baldricks codpiece in a yellow envelope. That should be enough to make them back off for a while.