DCA's - what do they pay for debts

100mel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mel,

I watched Undercover Debt Collector on Channel 4 a few weeks back and I was shocked at how little they pay!

According to a debit collection expert and insider some debts are bought for as little as 10p in every pound!

Some of these DCA's must be making huge amounts of money. Imagine a debt of say £100 that a company buys for £10 therefore making a profit of £90!

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Hi Mel,

I watched Undercover Debt Collector on Channel 4 a few weeks back and I was shocked at how little they pay!

According to a debit collection expert and insider some debts are bought for as little as 10p in every pound!

Some of these DCA's must be making huge amounts of money. Imagine a debt of say £100 that a company buys for £10 therefore making a profit of £90!

Thats before they put their own charges on aswell!!!!!!!

Andy...

Thats before they put their own charges on aswell!!!!!!!

Agreed, the usual ones are late payment charge, default charge, letter charge, interest charge etc etc.

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

One particular Lowlife recently bought a porfolio of debt with a face value of £50 million for just under 7p in the £. :rolleyes:

Seriously?

One particular Lowlife recently bought a porfolio of debt with a face value of £50 million for just under 7p in the £. :rolleyes:

Lets hope they only get 5p in the £1 back then. Even better if they get sweet FA

Andy...

Yes, there was a thread on here where the paperwork was posted a few months ago.

Yep I read that thread also, shocking!:eek:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!