Halifax Credit card/Power2connect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people :)

Today I had some weasel at my door from power2contact on behalf of a Halifax credit card that I can not afford to pay. I told him that I would only communicate in writing and that he was not welcome and to get off of my property as he is not invited and never will be. He replied "but I need to discuss my halifax account with me", I just told him if he does not leave I will phone the police to remove a tresspasser. He said "see you in court" and turned around with a sour face calling me names under his breath and crawled back to his car. I am not scared of him but it would have really frightened my partner if she was in, but for me it was more embarrassing what the neighbours heard/saw as he was not exactly discreet about he was there to collect debts.

A few questions.. Is it now going to go back to the Halifax? Or am I to meet this 'gentleman' again?

Also what should I do now? I am not in a position to repay the debt as I all my spare money is going on mortgage and council tax arrears as they are priority.

This is not the only debt i have, I am very much in trouble and struggling day by day. I started a thread here about all my financial problems: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/213576-where-start.html but did not get a reply

I will be grateful for any advice as I am under so much stress at the moment from the mess I am in.

Many Thanks :)

Edited by avocados
spelling!

Firstly well done on not letting him intimidate you.

When was your credit card taken out?

Have they got an enforcable agreement?

Have you cca'd these idiots?

Here is the letter you need to send to them to get your credit agreement

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter if you haven't all ready done so.

It tells you what you need to do ie-don't sign your name etc etc.

Andy...

Hi avocados

Yes i keep getting threats of doorstep callers as though i still paying Halifax i am behind on minimum reoayments plus they charge me £22 everytime they send a doorstep caller letter so they will also to add insult to injury and make your debt worse add "£22 on next statement, like they did to me My agreement is 2005 so i think they will probsbly have an enforceable agreement

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

You do not know if they have an enforcable agreement until you cca them.

They cannot charge you for sending doorstep caller letters!

Send them this aswell while your at it

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html.

Make sure you send both letters recorded delivery and keep receipt as proof of postage.

Again do not sign letters just print name.

If they phone you refuse to answer any security questions and tell them you will only deal in writing.

Hope this helps

Andy...

would it be worth me and avocados complaining about being charged for letters to Oft .i know i have definitly been charged as got letter threateining to charge for doorstep visit in past and charges appeared on my Halifax statements so hope same thing does not happen to you avocados.Keep an eye on your statements.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Sunflower99 - Its the first time they have sent somebody around so I do not know if I have been charged for the honour of having an unwanted guest harassing me at my doorstep, I had a letter last week saying they were going to and today some muppet turned up at the door so I'll look at my next statement to see if they have charged me.