Peition to the Prime Minister - 500 at least needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok... I've grown slightly weary over the past few months regarding the position CRA's take when dealing with defaults/data collection/accuracy when either a creditor/DCA has no credit agreement or they fail in their obligations.

Therefore I think it is prudent to bring this message out to a wider audience. The Downing Street e-petition service is offline until the 7th Sep when the PM will be returning from holiday. I propose the creation of an e-petition to lobby the government into looking into the unenforceability of/or lack of credit agreements and the recording of erroneous data with CRA's.

So until the 7th Sep I am looking for support for this and a way of condensing the points legally so that some sort of consensus from the PM's office can be reached.

Who's with me?

Hi,

Sorry... maybe I did not explain properly but the petition system is not open yet... it's due to open on 07/09/09...

This thread is to discuss what content should go into the detail section of the petition (in order to get it proper and legal).

So if you have anything to add please do so :)

• 2 weeks later...

count me in on this one vjohn :D

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

vjohn82, just some thoughts that maybe helpful with the petition to PM and less than 500 words as follows:

Why is there so many CRA’s in England. All CRA's record different data on people. such as placing data with the different CRA’s at different times and the informantion can also be very different in content, which can be very distressing for people.

CRA’s do not take enough care when letting organisation into people confidential data. DCA’s organisations are allowed to troll through people credit reports without any authority whatsoever, i.e., without producing a valued Credit Agreement from the OC for verification by the CRA. Therefore, in the absence of an original credit agreement this leave it open for the CRA to insert spurious data received from DAC's to be inserted on people credit reports.

CRA’s acts on the word of DCA's which are their clients, therefore, DCA’s do not have to produce any kind of written authorisation to the CRA's before entering data on people reports. This practice has led people to committee suicide due to harassment from DCA’s and also can take years to sort out with CRA’s.

With so many there are often many errors made by CRA’s with peoples data and there is very little that an average person can do about this which ruins people lives for many years.

Potential employers are now looking at people credit reports before employing them and if there are any adverse or incorrect data on their reports they can be refused employment, which is not good for the person concerned for indeed for the economy :-(

Sorry... after reading the rules I might potentially be creating an overlapping petition which will ultimately be rejected.

On the one Agatha mentioned there are only 6 signatories; hardly something to get the powers that be quaking in their boots. I fear more "direct" action is needed... I might have to try to break into Downing Street and put the kettle on ;)

• 2 weeks later...
P!ss poor. Who's going to pay attention to a petition where even basic spelling and grammer are sadly lacking?

I agree but rules are rules; they remove petitions which are similar or contain similar points.

Unless there is something we can write which is amazingly different we are stuck with it :(

• 2 weeks later...