Fuming with Nat West

hightail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone remember the days when you could open a simple deposit account by walking into the bank. Just driven my daughter the 7 miles into our nearest town to do so - and we can't.

ID issue - no, she has her ordinary student account with them in this branch already

Staff issue - no, I asked.

Policy issue - oh yes! She can't do it without making an appointment at least 24 hours in advance.

So in order to give NatWest her money, my daughter (and therefore me as she doesn't drive) must do 2x14 mile round trips. How very green, how very customer centered.

Anyone remember the days when you could open a simple deposit account by walking into the bank. Just driven my daughter the 7 miles into our nearest town to do so - and we can't.

ID issue - no, she has her ordinary student account with them in this branch already

Staff issue - no, I asked.

Policy issue - oh yes! She can't do it without making an appointment at least 24 hours in advance.

So in order to give NatWest her money, my daughter (and therefore me as she doesn't drive) must do 2x14 mile round trips. How very green, how very customer centered.

Can't she do it online?

I am not sure which branch you use but that is pretty poor customer services in my opinion.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

You made that up, I've seen the adverts on telly, they are the friendly high street bank falling over themselves to help, they have all those lovely girls in their wonderfull uniforms who can't do enough for the customer.

Perhaps your calender is wrong and it's really April !st. :)

• Haha 1

Yourbank - she will be doing it online now and not with Natwest because their rates are carp. She wanted to keep everything together.

Conniff - I did ask if we'd be expected to make an appointment for the mobile bank van you see in their ads and told it wasn't 'applicable'.

You call it over-sensitive - I'd describe it as pompous and bloody-minded. They don't require her to produce anything at the appointment, we checked. It's simply branch policy not to open accounts when people walk in and ask to but to insist they make an appointment for a different day. This is a branch in a small market town in a rural area so they know it involves car journeys. It would be the same member of staff we spent 10 minutes arguing with today and it would take less than 10 minutes to do.

Unfortunately for the local branch she got brilliant advice in an online 'chat' with Natwest and has opened the account online. It's just such a shame that the local branch don't seem to value the custom. Before we know it they'll be closed because of lack of demand for their services.

Unfortunately for the local branch she got brilliant advice in an online 'chat' with NatWest and has opened the account online. It's just such a shame that the local branch don't seem to value the custom. Before we know it they'll be closed because of lack of demand for their services.

Perhaps you could drop them a courtesy 'thanks for nothing' note and add that bit in. and maybe copy it to head office.

I've got a nasty feeling head office would be only too pleased if we were all forced down the online path. I keep trying to support local business and keep local jobs but do seem thwarted at every attempt :(